Some bikes I rode

Old July 26th 09, 10:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
nobody

Default Some bikes I rode

Just for fun:

First, Red fixie, bendix brakes, fenders, beach cruiser, with
handlebar tassles, training wheels, lol..

Second, Sears steel 10-speed (Puch?) drop bars, downtube shifters,
toe-clip pedals, no fenders. Pretty light (22lbs?)

Third, Peugeot, real racing bike, steel, downtube shifters, great
components. 19lbs? Bike was abducted and now lives in South Carolina.
(I miss her)

Fourth, Trek 7500FX aluminum (trail bike) clipless pedals

Fifth, Trek 1000 aluminum, clipless pedals, (23lbs?)

Sixth Treks Madone, all carbon (19lbs)

Ride all three Treks. 1000 the dedicated indoor fluid trainer bike, FX
the rain bike, Madone my regular sunny day bike.

FWIW...

Old July 26th 09, 05:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

My college roomates Bianchi got me started in cycling.
Then a $200 Nishiki that weighed about 30lbs. I actually wore a pair
of wool pants that I cut the legs off of.
Then an old Gitane with Shaimano 600 (my dad has it now)
A Trek 760 I think it was (several thanks to Trek's warranty dept)
Then several Trek 770s (several thanks to Trek's warranty dept)
Trek 2000s (several thanks to Trek's warranty dept)
A Vitus track bike
A custom Columbus aero with Shimano AX gruppo
Several MTB bikes (can't recall, they're kind of disposible to me)
Several custom TT and Track bikes (still have)
A custom Columbus Max road bike with SR titanium gruppo and freewheel
( still have)
Aquilla Titanium with large flange C-record gruppo (still have)
Custom made 'dual down tube' with Mavic gruppo (still have)
Full titanium (no suspension) TST MTB with XTR (still have)
Full titanium Spicer fixie C-record with Falcon accel discs (still
have) and large flange C record wheels
Ridley Excalibur/ SRAM (still have) Daily rider
Specialized Transition SRAM -Pro Lite disc and Hed H3s front and rear
(still have)
Couple of crates containing C-record, Super record gruppos, titanium
freewheels, Modolo Kronos all sorts of crap like that.
A bunch of older disc wheels, and older spoked wheels, spares, racing
wheels etc.

Old July 26th 09, 05:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
nobody

On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 09:06:30 -0700 (PDT), Anton Berlin
wrote:

[...]

Slowly wipes off the drool. I hate you.

(j/k)

Old July 26th 09, 05:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
nobody

wrote:

[...]

Bianchi to start. (cries celeste colored tears )
Aquilla Ti, (whimpers) - $6K?
Ridley Excalibur Carbon (OMG)

Hope you keep them in their own room in the house and not in the
garage.

Thx for the list.

Old July 26th 09, 06:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

I'd rather be 25 again and just have a Ridley Noah.

I guess stubborness keeps me from paying $3k for a frame.

Old July 26th 09, 06:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

My bikes are far better than I am. I'm definitely an undeserving
fatty master.

Old July 26th 09, 06:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

I was always broke when I was racing and had to choose between food or
tubular tires.

I was one of those guys that actually rode 25-40 hours a week and
needed 8-10k calories a day (which is expensive) and on average a
tubular every 7-10 days.

Old Rode Wheels Q sam[_5_] Techniques 5 September 20th 08 01:33 PM
Has anyone ever rode to school? littleman Unicycling 37 July 27th 07 04:54 AM
Ah...Just Rode the Upright Again! NYC XYZ Recumbent Biking 13 June 7th 06 09:33 PM
I just rode the new GT iT1 Dave Mountain Biking 9 January 10th 06 10:26 AM
I bailed but rode anyway GeeDubb Mountain Biking 11 July 14th 05 12:26 PM