DONE IT! Scored meself a Fixie!!!

Old August 8th 04, 01:33 PM
flyingdutch

Default DONE IT! Scored meself a Fixie!!!

The distance between the wheel and seat tube depends on the length of
yourchain!! You need some gap to allow you to push the wheel towards
the seattube, so you can get the chain off the front chainring, then

off the rear cog, so you can remove the wheel without having to break
the chain...

Aah, that makes sense...

Just get a fork 2nd hand to use a front brake on, don't worry about a

back
brake. You'll want to keep the un-drilled fork for the track, when

you give
it a go... *grin*

hmmm. one day, maybe...
as for the fork, got my original pre-carbon steel one. The rake on the
fixed' looks shorter than my old drilled fork. Would this be expected,
so as to give the track bike more 'twitch' at the front end? And will
my old fork make it more friendly to ride?

--
flyingdutch

Old August 9th 04, 04:30 AM
Suzy Jackson

flyingdutch wrote in message ...

as for the fork, got my original pre-carbon steel one. The rake on the
fixed' looks shorter than my old drilled fork. Would this be expected,
so as to give the track bike more 'twitch' at the front end? And will
my old fork make it more friendly to ride?

No - more rake will make it twitchier. Less rake will make it more stable.

Regards,

Suzy