Supplements.......

Old May 11th 06, 11:26 PM posted to aus.bicycle

Default Supplements.......

"More seriously, SO takes creatine powder. "

snip

Hi Gemma - so why does your SO take creatine powder?? And do you reckon
it works??

Old May 12th 06, 01:07 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Humbug wrote:
On 11/05/06 at 23:52:11 petulance somehow managed to type:

snip

Getting off topic here, but does anyone else think that Coopers have
changed their brewing method for Pale Ale? The last 2 cases I bought
seem to be fizzier and more acidic than I remember.

Dunno about Pale Ale but their Extra Strong Vintage Ale and their Dark
Ale are just as fine as always...:-)

Thanks. I'll try to check out those beers the next time around.

Old May 12th 06, 04:15 AM posted to aus.bicycle

"Absent Husband" wrote in message
oups.com...
"More seriously, SO takes creatine powder. "

snip

Hi Gemma - so why does your SO take creatine powder?? And do you reckon
it works??

He is a 'power athlete' (track sprinter) so not your typical cyclist. Lifts
a lot of weights, and does lots of short sharp maximal efforts. Creatine is
supposed to particularly help with recovery for these types of overload
training sessions.
From my point of view he just gets a lot heavier quickly on creatine, and
when he stops taking it he loses a few kg straight away. He claims it works
for him, who am I to argue?
I haven't noticed any difference in the cat taking it....

Gemm

Old May 12th 06, 04:28 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Gemma_k wrote:

"Absent Husband" wrote in message
oups.com...
"More seriously, SO takes creatine powder. "

snip

Hi Gemma - so why does your SO take creatine powder?? And do you reckon
it works??

He is a 'power athlete' (track sprinter) so not your typical cyclist. Lifts
a lot of weights, and does lots of short sharp maximal efforts. Creatine is
supposed to particularly help with recovery for these types of overload
training sessions.
From my point of view he just gets a lot heavier quickly on creatine, and
when he stops taking it he loses a few kg straight away. He claims it works
for him, who am I to argue?
I haven't noticed any difference in the cat taking it....

Gemm

Has he tried the "Ignite" instantly available creatine stuff? It's made
by Powerzone Nutrition. My massage therapist is most recently a track
cyclist and swears by the stuff in a horror concoction involving red
bull...

Tam
Old May 12th 06, 04:47 AM posted to aus.bicycle

"gplama" wrote

"its ideal combination of carbohydrates and protein"... skip the

paper,
drink the milk!

In the news this morning. There's apparently no evidence that drinking
milk does anything for your bones. Plenty of exercise as a kid growing
up gives you good bones. What future is there for people who got
driven to and picked up from school every day?

Theo

Old May 12th 06, 05:02 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Theo Bekkers Wrote:
"gplama" wrote

"its ideal combination of carbohydrates and protein"... skip the

paper,
drink the milk!

In the news this morning. There's apparently no evidence that drinking
milk does anything for your bones. Plenty of exercise as a kid growing
up gives you good bones. What future is there for people who got
driven to and picked up from school every day?

Theo

There has been quite a lot on this subject over the year or so. eg: a
link to a paper from March last year which may have started it all
off.

http://tinyurl.com/omzh9

I think that much of the science of nutrition is going to have similar
dificulties as the science of exercise. One is dealing with a system
that can have so much natural variation in the response to the
intervention that when all the data is put together one looses sight of
the wood for the trees.

It's going to be an individual thing about how each person responds to
the dose, other components in the meal, state of the metabolism, level
of exercise etc.Hence the so-called field of 'nutrigenomics' where one
will be tailoring one's input based on an individual profile of needs
and responses.

The trick, of doing it for your self, like the trick of coaching having
the right objective (or maybe informed subjectivity) measures to be able
to guide you.

RoryW

--
Rory Williams

Old May 12th 06, 07:38 AM posted to aus.bicycle

"Tamyka Bell" wrote in message

Has he tried the "Ignite" instantly available creatine stuff? It's made
by Powerzone Nutrition. My massage therapist is most recently a track
cyclist and swears by the stuff in a horror concoction involving red
bull...

No - he uses whatever brand the sports institute guys recommended to him -
think it's australian made stuff?? I think they load and unload on creatine
as part of the training cycle? One thing is for sure is that they
recommended not taking caffine with it (particularly large doses of
caffeine)! So the red bull might be working against the creatine in your
therapist's case.... I think there's more detail on Adelaide's sprint squad
on fixedgearfever.com
SO's not 'huge' anyway, look, here is is, riding on MY disk wheel bike bling
(outside rider).
http://www.cyclingnews.com/track.php...tes063/flynn22
As by him not being huge I mean my arse is still bigger than his. but I
think we've ascertained in a previous a.b thread I am a potential lard arse
winner.
Gemm

Old May 12th 06, 07:56 AM posted to aus.bicycle

"Gemma_k" wrote in message

No - he uses whatever brand the sports institute guys recommended to him -
think it's australian made stuff??

Musashi - I remembered!

supplements unisteez Unicycling 3 May 3rd 06 06:02 AM
Cycling and vegetarianism Preston Crawford General 434 September 25th 04 09:38 PM
Gels vs Gatorade Ken Techniques 145 August 3rd 04 06:56 PM
vitamin supplements gravelmuncher Australia 15 October 26th 03 07:02 AM