Heart Rate Monitor Recommendations

Old February 15th 07, 07:20 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Freewheeling

Default Heart Rate Monitor Recommendations

My old Polar HRM (I think it was an Accurex Plus) is over 12, with a
trashed display, so I figured it might be time to get a new one. I want
something that has cycling features, and allows calculation
(extrapolation?) of VO2Max, so have narrowed it down to either the S720i
or S625x, but I'm open to something else (possibly even a different
brand). Any thoughts?
Old February 16th 07, 11:34 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"Freewheeling" wrote in message
My old Polar HRM (I think it was an Accurex Plus) is over 12, with a
trashed display, so I figured it might be time to get a new one. I want
something that has cycling features, and allows calculation
(extrapolation?) of VO2Max, so have narrowed it down to either the S720i
or S625x, but I'm open to something else (possibly even a different
brand). Any thoughts?

Yeah, take the ****ing bike computer and throw it away. They do nothing for
you except ether frustrate you or give you delusions. All you ever have to
know is your mileage. You can count that here in rural Minnesota as there is
a cross road every mile. Speed does not matter in the slightest. Wear a
wrist watch if you want to keep track of the time.

You will know how your body is doing by how you are feeling. What the ****
else do you ever have to know? Who in their right mind would ever want to
know **** like VO2 - whatever the hell that is.

Instead of blowing your money on fancy computers, I suggest you spend it on
some vino. Join the rest of the human race why don't you?

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka