Brisbane BLART Ride - this weekend!!

Old May 5th 05, 10:09 AM
adam

Default Brisbane BLART Ride - this weekend!!

Actually, from Southbank, Wynnum/Manly/Lota is a nice ride also, and a
bit shorter. I have been that way twice... sure I can find my way. (The
back way to Mooloolaba was no trouble and I only went that way once, a
year ago.)

Tam

Yep no worries. That's a nice easy ride, and you can go via Lytton on the
way there or back for a change. Wynnum road gets a bit of traffic later in
the morning though. Back for the WoJ ride sounds good. Maybe just see where
most people want to go on the day? I just want to go for a ride...three days
off sick and I'm getting twitchy....

Adam

Old May 5th 05, 11:13 PM
LotteBum

Terribly sorry, but I am unable to make it tomorrow. I haven't ridde
all week, nor did I ride last weekend, as a result of almost bein
killed two rides in a row (f#cking Brisbane - sorry, Springfield
drivers) and other stressors such as my mortgage broker ripping me of
(Everything Home Loans - steer clear my friends), my puppy being
clingy little poo and stressors at work (I have an assistant who'
flaming hopeless!)

If I was to come along tomorrow, I'd have to drive to the city whic
isn't an option as my better half is taking the car to a meeting (he i
being head hunted for MUCH more money, so I really can't ask to use th
car - hey a girl's gotta get a new bike somehow!)

Alright, now I'm rambling. Thank Buddha it's Friday.

To those of you attending the KGS thing tomorrow, good on you! Wish
could be there. Make a stand

Lotte (now riding the roads with a sawn off shotty in jersey pocket

--
LotteBum

Old May 6th 05, 05:28 AM
Tamyka Bell

Terribly sorry, but I am unable to make it tomorrow. I haven't ridden
all week, nor did I ride last weekend, as a result of almost being
killed two rides in a row (f#cking Brisbane - sorry, Springfield -
drivers) and other stressors such as my mortgage broker ripping me off
(Everything Home Loans - steer clear my friends), my puppy being a
clingy little poo and stressors at work (I have an assistant who's
flaming hopeless!).

If I was to come along tomorrow, I'd have to drive to the city which
isn't an option as my better half is taking the car to a meeting (he is
being head hunted for MUCH more money, so I really can't ask to use the
car - hey a girl's gotta get a new bike somehow!).

Alright, now I'm rambling. Thank Buddha it's Friday.

To those of you attending the KGS thing tomorrow, good on you! Wish I
could be there. Make a stand!

Lotte (now riding the roads with a sawn off shotty in jersey pocket)

Oh no! I was so looking forward to riding with you tomorrow, having a good
catch up, a bitch about Brisbane drivers, etc... well, hey, maybe we could
get you a lift or something?

I can just see it now... I show up at Mitre 10, drag Absent Husband into
the city, find no one at Southbank, ride home...

Tam
Old May 6th 05, 06:17 AM
Absent Husband

What!?! You mean I'm "no-one"!?!

Well then, you can expect me to sulk and wheelsuck all the way into
Southbank then. And I have two young daughters, so I have been taught
how to sulk to World Championship standards!!!

AH (who'll feel less safe on the BLART without LotteBum firing warning
shots at the passing motorists...)

Old May 6th 05, 06:32 AM
Tamyka Bell

On Fri, 5 May 2005, Absent Husband wrote:

What!?! You mean I'm "no-one"!?!

You know I didn't mean that, I said when we get there, there's no one, as
in except us, DUH!

Well then, you can expect me to sulk and wheelsuck all the way into
Southbank then. And I have two young daughters, so I have been taught
how to sulk to World Championship standards!!!

*pout* Awww don't be like that.

AH (who'll feel less safe on the BLART without LotteBum firing warning
shots at the passing motorists...)

Ditto!

Old May 6th 05, 02:09 PM
Joel Little

Absent Husband wrote:
Come along Joel.

The Brisbane L@rd @rse ride is a training ride, but also social in
nature... Come and have a go - you won't be left behind........

Cheers,
Absent Husband

PS - come on JH - what could be more important than a BLART?????

Thanks for the offer, but I can't make this one. Keep the newsgroup
informed of any others though as I'd be interested in tagging along when
I can.

Joel
Old May 8th 05, 03:28 AM
Tamyka Bell

On Fri, 6 May 2005, Joel Little wrote:

Absent Husband wrote:
Come along Joel.

The Brisbane L@rd @rse ride is a training ride, but also social in
nature... Come and have a go - you won't be left behind........

Cheers,
Absent Husband

PS - come on JH - what could be more important than a BLART?????

Thanks for the offer, but I can't make this one. Keep the newsgroup informed
of any others though as I'd be interested in tagging along when I can.

Joel

Sure thing, and just one word of advice....

Don't sit on Absent Husband's wheel....

hehehehe

(Just kidding dude, it's all good!)

Tam
Old May 9th 05, 02:36 AM
Absent Husband

Maybe there should be a special "Klutz jersey" or warning light. That
way people know not to follow your wheel...

Benefit is, of course, is the klutzee gets to wheelsuck on all the
rides!! Because I don't do that normally, or anything......

Absent Husband

Old May 9th 05, 07:23 AM
hippy

Absent Husband wrote:
Maybe there should be a special "Klutz jersey" or warning light. That
way people know not to follow your wheel...

I would've thought the bright pink wounds were warning enough to other
riders..? :P

hippy