RR: Murrarie Crits - Sat 10/9/05 (also - Aker is a cyclist!)

Old September 10th 05, 02:29 AM
Absent Husband

Default RR: Murrarie Crits - Sat 10/9/05 (also - Aker is a cyclist!)

Hi all,

Another Saturday, and Abby sleeps through his alarm, leaps out of bed,
wolfs down a peanut butter & strawberry jam sanger (the food of the
gods!!), pumps up the tyres, and rides to Murrarie.

Damn that Ashes cricket - how am I supposed to get any good sleep!!
*laughs*

While I'm signing in, I see Jason Akermanis (of the mighty Brisbane
Lions) pinning his number on (also Cat 2 *eeek*). He was wearing a
Ffast club jersey (and surrounded by a posse of 4 other Ffast riders),
and riding a shiny silver Litespeed with a carbon aero seatpost.
Couldn't pick his running gear... Hopefully a role model for the
kiddies of Brisbane to follow, and dust their bikes out of the shed??

Pace today was quick, but more consistent - lacking the surges and ebbs
of last week. This seemed to make it a bit harder... I got gapped badly
off the back once, but managed to claw my way back on, which I was very
pleased about. When I finally got back, I noticed that I'd dragged a
train of half-a-dozen riders back with me. Thanks for the help, guys!!

Finished up at the rear of the peloton, as we crossed the finish line.
Final stats: 40min + 3laps (45min total today); ave 39.6km/h; dist
29.8km.

For me, one of the best bits was the ride home - an up & down hilly 9km
down Creek Rd. I rode back with Mick (another great ride from him
today!), and I felt much stronger than usual on the homeward commute.
Obviously getting stronger - Yay!!

Oh, and Aker did well too!! He lead once or twice, and obviously knew
how to handle his bike (although he looked a bit skittish a couple of
times when he dropped back in the group). And he reckons the Swannies
are gonna go through and win the flag.

Cheers all,
Abby

Head on bike crash kills cyclist.... mrbubl General 12 August 20th 05 09:38 PM
Cyclist rant: back in black John UK 1099 March 18th 05 11:09 AM
Cyclist vs Motorist: Court find Both At Fault K.A. Moylan Australia 14 June 19th 04 12:15 PM
Cyclist Jailed For Tire Slashings B. Lafferty Racing 8 April 19th 04 01:14 PM