[BNE] LA ride: Fri 28/7/06

Old July 27th 06, 07:04 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Donga

Default LA ride: Fri 28/7/06

Tamyka Bell wrote:
Forgot to say I have a whole stack of these tickets left by someone who
no longer rides (shock!) if anyone wants 1 or 2.

Adam

Thanks for the offer, but I'd rather get coached by a coach, than by a
physio...

I won't buy into that, but the sessions are a good opportunity for some
intensity and some paceline practice ... and they are half the price of
my last coach, which leaves me with some mortgage money.

Yes thanks Adam, I'll have some.

Donga

Old July 27th 06, 07:20 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Tamyka Bell

Donga wrote:

Tamyka Bell wrote:
Forgot to say I have a whole stack of these tickets left by someone who
no longer rides (shock!) if anyone wants 1 or 2.

Adam

Thanks for the offer, but I'd rather get coached by a coach, than by a
physio...

I won't buy into that, but the sessions are a good opportunity for some
intensity and some paceline practice ... and they are half the price of
my last coach, which leaves me with some mortgage money.

Yes thanks Adam, I'll have some.

I just save money by not having a hella beautiful bike, dude! Which, by
the way, looks about my size... if only I could catch you to steal it.

(You know, you could just drag some friends out there and do it for free
without the tickets. Carl has already provided plenty of training advice
for free.)

Old July 27th 06, 07:32 AM posted to aus.bicycle
LotteBum

Default [BNE] LA ride: Fri 28/7/06

adam85 Wrote:
Forgot to say I have a whole stack of these tickets left by someone who
no longer rides (shock!) if anyone wants 1 or 2.

Is that you or Suz?

--
LotteBum

Old July 27th 06, 07:37 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Tamyka Bell

Donga wrote:

Tamyka Bell wrote:

(You know, you could just drag some friends out there and do it for free
without the tickets. Carl has already provided plenty of training advice
for free.)

You're right. I guess I'm buying friends
I'm open to quality training rides on Tuesdays.

Donga

Check out the Fresh site http://www.freshsports.com.au/

I think they do a killer ride on Tuesdays - pacelines out along Mt
Petrie Rd and stuff like that - and they don't charge to join their
rides - you only pay Ffast if you get a licence.

Would love to offer you quality training rides but alas, I'm a lard arse
through and through...

Tam
Old July 27th 06, 10:00 AM posted to aus.bicycle
adam85

"LotteBum" wrote in message

adam85 Wrote:
Forgot to say I have a whole stack of these tickets left by someone who
no longer rides (shock!) if anyone wants 1 or 2.

Is that you or Suz?

--
LotteBum

no it was some girl in phonak knicks who used to ride with us

And btw I'm not sure if anyone is going now but I will swing by Southbank
side of goodwill bridge at 5:30am and wait for a few minutes.

Adam

Old July 28th 06, 01:09 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Absent Husband

Wow, I'm glad I didn't set the alarm...

Rain, rain, and more rain!! I can hear my herbs and vegies singing with
joy!!

Looks pretty set in too, so Murarrie crits tomorrow look unlikely as
well...

Cheers all,
Abby

Old July 28th 06, 02:58 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Absent Husband

monsterman wrote:
Absent Husband Wrote:
Wow, I'm glad I didn't set the alarm...

Rain, rain, and more rain!! I can hear my herbs and vegies singing with
joy!!

Looks pretty set in too, so Murarrie crits tomorrow look unlikely as
well...

Cheers all,
Abby

BOM has Sat fine after early fog / mist, and Sunday Fine. Had planned
to hit Daisy Hill on Sunday but after all this rain I think the roadie
is the only option
--
monsterman

Well, I guess i'll set the alarm and see how it looks... D-Grade here I
come!!

You comin' MM, or are you still haunted by the ghosts of snapped
brifters....??

Abby

Old July 28th 06, 06:55 AM posted to aus.bicycle
monsterman

Absent Husband Wrote:
monsterman wrote:
Absent Husband Wrote:
[...]

I'm giving seroius thought to returning, although it will have to be
after the epic and after Noosa (sshhhh ... .. don't tell Tam I'm doing
Noosa again ...)

Are you still a member of Balmoral and how if yes how do you find that?

--
monsterman

Old July 28th 06, 07:22 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Absent Husband

monsterman wrote:
Are you still a member of Balmoral and how if yes how do you find that?

--
monsterman

Yep, still a member.

I'm not particularly involved with the club - mainly signed up because:
(a) they are the closest club (well actually, Team Fresh is, but
anyway...)
(b) they run the crits I most often race at (kind of a supporting thing
to join, I guess)
(c) works out cheaper to pay CA membership, than day licences each
time...

But they are generally a very friendly lot. I've only been rostered on
to help at the crits once so far this year, so its hardly a big time
commitment (1 morning in 7 months - woohoo!!).

The club century ride is coming up in Sept (160km to Sanctuary Cove &
back, starting from the Murarrie circuit), so looking forward to
that...

See ya soon,
Abby

Old July 28th 06, 09:31 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Karen Gallagher

Absent Husband wrote:
Wow, I'm glad I didn't set the alarm...

Rain, rain, and more rain!! I can hear my herbs and vegies singing with
joy!!

Looks pretty set in too, so Murarrie crits tomorrow look unlikely as
well...

Cheers all,
Abby

So you're coming up to Glasshouse to cheer on Tam & I then, Abby?

Karen

--
"Sometimes I think I have a Guardian Idiot - a little invisible spirit just
behind my shoulder, looking out for me ... only he's an imbecile" - Jake Stonebender