O Canada...

Old July 28th 08, 07:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
phillip brown

Default O Canada...

Canadians have something to cheer about from TdF

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...727?hub=Canada

phillip brown
Old July 28th 08, 07:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

phillip brown a écrit profondement:

| Canadians have something to cheer about from TdF
|
| http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...727?hub=Canada
|
| phillip brown

How about Evans on a Hillbrick for '09 ?

--
Davey Crockett
-
Old July 28th 08, 01:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Jul 28, 8:42 am, phillip brown wrote:
Canadians have something to cheer about from TdF

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...80727/bike_can...

phillip brown

It seems to me that Cervelo is one of the few companies which did not
make special edition jersey bikes, i.e., no yellow bike for Sastre. I
think it was just bar tape and pedals.

-ilan
Old July 28th 08, 07:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Jul 28, 6:28 pm, nmp wrote:
ilanpsi wrote:
It seems to me that Cervelo is one of the few companies which did not
make special edition jersey bikes, i.e., no yellow bike for Sastre. I
think it was just bar tape and pedals.

The yellow bar tape on the last day did look festive, and yet it was
still modest. Nice.

CyclingNews agrees:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/20...0029639_1_full
I think he also had a yellow saddle. I guess you don't count the
yellow timing thing on his chainstay.

-ilan
Old July 28th 08, 11:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scott

On Jul 28, 12:42*am, phillip brown wrote:
Canadians have something to cheer about from TdF

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...80727/bike_can...

phillip brown

It's only a Canadian company in that they're located there to allow
the employees to take advantage of the free health care. Otherwise,
it would be based in SoCal with production done in a facility in
Tijuana or maybe Taiwan.
Old July 29th 08, 12:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

In article ,
wrote:

On Jul 28, 8:42 am, phillip brown wrote:
Canadians have something to cheer about from TdF

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...80727/bike_can...

phillip brown

It seems to me that Cervelo is one of the few companies which did not
make special edition jersey bikes, i.e., no yellow bike for Sastre. I
think it was just bar tape and pedals.

And CSC kept their regular black shorts instead of having colour matched with the
jersey, which mostly looks awful.

--
tanx,
Howard

The bloody pubs are bloody dull
The bloody clubs are bloody full
Of bloody girls and bloody guys
With bloody murder in their eyes

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
Old July 29th 08, 12:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
phillip brown

On Jul 28, 4:58*pm, Davey Crockett wrote:
phillip brown a écrit profondement:

| Canadians have something to cheer about from TdF
|
|http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...80727/bike_can...
|
| phillip brown

How about Evans on a Hillbrick for '09 ?

--
Davey Crockett *
-
**** the New World Order
Fly your Nation's Flaghttp://darkstar1.azurservers.com:6080/rbr/englishdragon.jpghttp://darkstar1.azurservers.com:6080/rbr/dixie.gif

No, a Malvern Star

http://www.thelegendisback.com.au/

phillip brown
Old July 29th 08, 01:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article
,
wrote:

On Jul 28, 8:42 am, phillip brown wrote:
Canadians have something to cheer about from TdF

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...80727/bike_can...

phillip brown

Ah, poor Ryder Hesjedahl, overlooked for his glorious 47th place.

It seems to me that Cervelo is one of the few companies which did not
make special edition jersey bikes, i.e., no yellow bike for Sastre. I
think it was just bar tape and pedals.

Frank's frame wouldn't fit Carlos.

It's not about the bike, but Cervelo does strike me as a company that
has been very serious about the aerodynamics of their frames, and they
seem to do a pretty good job of designing them.

On the other hand, I think the peloton is starting to go slightly wacky
with new BB designs, new headset designs, and new tricks for outright
flouting UCI aerodynamics rules (If that thing sticking down from
Giant's new TT-bike stem isn't a head tube fairing, then what the heck
is it??)

Old July 29th 08, 03:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article
,
Scott wrote:

On Jul 28, 12:42*am, phillip brown wrote:
Canadians have something to cheer about from TdF

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...80727/bike_can...

phillip brown

It's only a Canadian company in that they're located there to allow
the employees to take advantage of the free health care. Otherwise,
it would be based in SoCal with production done in a facility in
Tijuana or maybe Taiwan.

Um, what?

The founders being, you know, from Canada, have no more reason to leave
their home country than any American country has to come north, free
health care or not.

It's always charming to fret about the manufacturing jobs that are being
left in Taiwan or China, but few consider that absent sending those jobs
to China, a company like Cervelo (or Norco, or Raleigh) would not exist
at anything like the scale it does, if at all.

There are companies that do very well building in the same place as they
design (Cannondale and Trek are two examples, though two examples that
tellingly split their production between the US and Asia), but they have
particular reasons for doing so.

Ceding most of the industry to Giant does not seem like a well
thought-out plan,

Old July 29th 08, 04:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scott

On Jul 28, 8:25*pm, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
In article
,

*Scott wrote:
[...]

C'mon, Ryan... surely you had to know I was just joking. I thought
surely the comment health care would've been a tip-off. Of course
no one is in Canada for the health care.