Did Discovery buy a Lemon?

Old March 6th 05, 10:52 PM
crit PRO

Default Did Discovery buy a Lemon?

140th in a flat road stage is no big deal. But in a TT?

Old March 6th 05, 10:59 PM
B Lafferty

"crit PRO" wrote in message
oups.com...
140th in a flat road stage is no big deal. But in a TT?

Prologue tts are virtually meaningless. I think you know that.

Old March 6th 05, 11:21 PM
crit PRO

BULL****

The time loss is virtually meaningless. The form indicator is the real
value.

Since you don't race, here it is..... If you lose 30 seconds in 4
minutes, the rest of the race isn't your friend. The next few days and
longer distances will confirm the strength of the inform, and the
weakness of the ill-prepared.

This isn't some Alpe D'Huez bluff, knucklehead. Oh yeah, the winners
of prologues rarely state that it is meaningless....just the losers.

He won his first TT in 2004 in February. We're off to a BAD start.
Facts do not lie.

crit PRO

Old March 6th 05, 11:36 PM
Bill C

crit PRO wrote:
BULL****

The time loss is virtually meaningless. The form indicator is the

real
value.

Since you don't race, here it is..... If you lose 30 seconds in 4
minutes, the rest of the race isn't your friend. The next few days

and
longer distances will confirm the strength of the inform, and the
weakness of the ill-prepared.

This isn't some Alpe D'Huez bluff, knucklehead. Oh yeah, the winners
of prologues rarely state that it is meaningless....just the losers.

He won his first TT in 2004 in February. We're off to a BAD start.
Facts do not lie.

crit PRO

Why the **** would Lance risk anything to win a prologue TT at this
time of year in those conditions?
You're going to have a better handle on this than anybody else here so
don't bull**** us.
Bill C

Old March 6th 05, 11:39 PM
crit PRO

at least he'll have 2006 to try again for #7. That should get some more
media coverage.

it's over.

Old March 7th 05, 12:00 AM

crit PRO wrote:
140th in a flat road stage is no big deal. But in a TT?

Given that he did the Grammy/Oscars double, he is not targeting
Paris/Nice. It also means that a serious Flanders assault is not
planned.

Old March 7th 05, 12:01 AM
crit PRO

Risk anything? Risk what....winning? Bill. Hate to burst your bubble.
The following is a quote from the winner. We're not talking 80 guys
charging the Arenberg forest onto the muddy cobbles here. Lance doesn't
crash in TT's. You must mean Booby You-lick or Tyler Vampirton.

"It was not a very technical course," said Voigt, who recovered from an
upset stomach to make the start. "I was decisive in the first two
kilometers. I used my speed and power and then I was able to maintain
my rhythm."

Old March 7th 05, 12:13 AM
B Lafferty

"crit PRO" wrote in message
ups.com...
BULL****

The time loss is virtually meaningless. The form indicator is the real
value.

Since you don't race, here it is..... If you lose 30 seconds in 4
minutes, the rest of the race isn't your friend. The next few days and
longer distances will confirm the strength of the inform, and the
weakness of the ill-prepared.

This isn't some Alpe D'Huez bluff, knucklehead. Oh yeah, the winners
of prologues rarely state that it is meaningless....just the losers.

He won his first TT in 2004 in February. We're off to a BAD start.
Facts do not lie.

crit PRO

Perhaps he's bluffing. Nah. He wouldn't do something like that.
I was riding with a good friend today who often has interesting insights
into that which is hidden from most. Bill knows of what I write. My friend
firmly believes that Armstrong will no longer risk EPO, blood doping or
whatever he might have been doing. He will therefore perform this season as
a person of his modest VO2 Max, height and weight would be expected to
perform. I have no idea if my friend is correct or not. Perhaps age will
simply catch up with Armstrong this season. Time will reveal all.

Old March 7th 05, 12:18 AM
amit

B Lafferty wrote:

Perhaps he's bluffing. Nah. He wouldn't do something like that.
I was riding with a good friend today who often has interesting

insights
into that which is hidden from most. Bill knows of what I write. My

friend
firmly believes that Armstrong will no longer risk EPO, blood doping

or
whatever he might have been doing.

dumbass,

it takes "interesting insights" to come up with material like that ?

most rbr readers would call this the obvious lafferty reaction.

Old March 7th 05, 12:20 AM
GaryG

"B Lafferty" wrote in message
ink.net...

"crit PRO" wrote in message
[...]

Like that "modest" VO2 max that he used to beat elite level triathletes when
he was 16 years old?

FWIW, I don't know whether or not he's clean, but Lance was beating serious
professionals when he first came onto the scene as a teenager, so his
genetics are apparently somewhat more than "modest".

GG