slightly related to the headphones thread

Old May 31st 04, 12:48 AM
Dej

Default slightly related to the headphones thread

gday,
maybe its just me..but i tend to get earache's / headaches after riding for
a while in windy conditions (or just generally riding fast for a while).
i was thinking about using some little plug things that i use when swimming
but im not sure if the soreness is from air rushing into ears or just the
wind noise?

(i tend not to get the problem when wearing headphones)

is this a common problem?

Old May 31st 04, 12:55 AM
Tamyka Bell

Dej wrote:

gday,
maybe its just me..but i tend to get earache's / headaches after riding for
a while in windy conditions (or just generally riding fast for a while).
i was thinking about using some little plug things that i use when swimming
but im not sure if the soreness is from air rushing into ears or just the
wind noise?

(i tend not to get the problem when wearing headphones)

is this a common problem?

I get similar but only when it's cold, so I use ear warmers. For me it's
not noise related.

Old May 31st 04, 04:22 AM
Anus

"Dej" wrote in message
gday,
maybe its just me..but i tend to get earache's / headaches after riding

for
a while in windy conditions (or just generally riding fast for a while).
i was thinking about using some little plug things that i use when

swimming
but im not sure if the soreness is from air rushing into ears or just the
wind noise?

(i tend not to get the problem when wearing headphones)

is this a common problem?

Very common.....very painful! I just use plain old ear plugs that are
normally used in noisy environments. Being a MTB'er I'm not as paranoid
about trying to hear traffic as most roadies are.

A mate of mine just cut a $3 beanie to size...works for him.