The way to break out of the pro-car, anti-car debate?

Old June 1st 04, 01:53 PM
sheik yerbouti

Default The way to break out of the pro-car, anti-car debate?

On 01 Jun 2004 22:22:46 +1000, ? the Platypus {aka David Formosa}
wrote:

"Theo Bekkers" writes:

"? the Platypus {aka David Formosa}" wrote
sheik yerbouti writes:

reported fatality rates:
china - 26.1
australia - 1.8

What units are they in?

Will that make a difference?

Yes. Numbers without units are meaningless. Numbers only become
usefull when there combined with some sort of unit.

there are exceptions.. ratios for example where the same units are
being compared. the ratio is unitless
Old June 1st 04, 06:54 PM
DRS

"flyingdutch" wrote in message

Drs wrote:
[B But you are boring me now.

you both. us all

Nobody's sticking a gun to your head and forcing you to read anything.

--

A: Top-posters.

Old June 2nd 04, 12:15 AM
flyingdutch

Drs wrote:
Nobody's sticking a gun to your head and forcing you to read anything.

Dude. I work with 'consultants'. They just talk about someone els
holding a gun paradigm to one's head and restructuring their perceptio
of reality moving forward :

... and arguing with a guy called 'Sheik' holds a certain negative ris
assessment, one thinks..

-

Old June 2nd 04, 12:58 PM

sheik yerbouti writes:

On 01 Jun 2004 22:22:46 +1000, ? the Platypus {aka David Formosa}
wrote:

[...]

Yes. Numbers without units are meaningless. Numbers only become
usefull when there combined with some sort of unit.

there are exceptions.. ratios for example where the same units are
being compared. the ratio is unitless

Point taken, and unitless constents.

http://dformosa.zeta.org.au/~dformosa/Spelling.html to find out more.
Free the Memes.