your favourites in UCI event

Old May 31st 04, 08:28 PM
DRS

Default your favourites in UCI event

"coowoowoo" wrote in message

[...]

If we are going to hubbah hubbah, where do i start???? I think the
highlight was seeing one of the UK team warming up, pulling his
bib/brace thing down to his crotch and rubbing his bits with vaseline
for what seemed like eternity.

It's a bloke thing but it never lasts an eternity. More like just a couple
of minutes. But I thought you grrlies knew that already.

--

A: Top-posters.

Old June 2nd 04, 11:11 AM
DaveB

amirm wrote:
Who were favourites during the UCI championship event in
Melbourne? and why?

Mine we

female: The Kiwi Sarah Ulmer because of her style and character, and of
course her looks.

male: was the Dutch rider Theo Bos (a real FlyingDutch ) for his
charisma especially after his two falls in a row during one of his
races. It was until he did what he did in the semi-final race (not good
sports).

I didn't get to go to the racing but I did fly to NZ Monday morning and
I've never seen so many flashy looking bike boxes and wheel bags at
Tullamarine. You could also tell the teams on a budget with their bikes
in cardboard boxes. I thought the Kiwi news was excited at my arrival in
Auckland but then realised it was Sarah Ulmer they were waiting for. Oh
well, anonymity for me.

DaveB

Old June 2nd 04, 02:43 PM
John Stevenson

Bluenose wrote in
:

Rochelle Gilmore waving to the crowd after a horrid crash in which (I
think) she broke her collarbone - anyone confim this?

That is what the TV comentator said.

They also mentioned that she won't be going to Athens either. Which is
terrible news.

She is planning to race again *this weekend* so if Athens is off the menu
it's not directly because of the crash - it could be a qualifying thing -
we'll try and find out.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/riders/20...d=rochelle0413
Old June 2nd 04, 03:29 PM
hippy

Originally posted by John Stevenson She is planning to race again *thi
weekend* so if Athens is off the menu it's not directly because of th
crash - it could be a qualifying thing - we'll try and find out

Far out! That's tough

Go Rochelle!!

I had trouble with the URL, try this one: http://www.cyclingnews.com/ri
ders/2004/diaries/rochelle/?id=rochelle041

hipp

-

Old June 2nd 04, 03:37 PM
Geoff

"John Stevenson" wrote in message
3.50...
Bluenose wrote in
:

Rochelle Gilmore waving to the crowd after a horrid crash in which (I
think) she broke her collarbone - anyone confim this?

That is what the TV comentator said.

They also mentioned that she won't be going to Athens either. Which is
terrible news.

Correct me if I'm wrong. I don't think there is a Scratch race for women in
the Olympic cycling program. So unless Rochelle is qualified in another
track or road event then she won't be competing in Athens.

Geoff

Old June 2nd 04, 03:45 PM
hippy

http://www.cyclingnews.com/riders/20...d=rochelle0413

"I travelled by ambulance to the hospital where I would lay in pain fo
six hours having x-rays and waiting for surgery. The collarbone ha
snapped right through and the surgeon placed a 7cm pin through the bon
and completed the operation with a bone graft. Fixed - good as new! Th
surgery gave me instant pain relief, and I could move without grindin
and pain. I got through the night on a couple of Panadeine Forte an
that was the last of the pain-killers required. By lunchtime the nex
day, I was able to shower and dress myself before returning to my hote
to pack my bags and jump in a cab to the airport.

6hrs! I had to wait 3 farking weeks!! Public health sucks

"Hey hippy we're going to put you under, you might never wake up...

"Fine.

Wakes up "Hey doc, where's the blood/pins/fixed arm?

"Oh, we didn't pin the bones, they've already joined up

"Oh, thanks for that, my arm's only a couple of cm shorter and lowe
than the other one... so, who do I send my lawyer to speak to when
turn 40 and can't use my arm properly?

John S, can you find out what health insurance Rochelle has? Thanks :

Worlds flashback GO ROCHELLE!!!! /Worlds flashback

hipp

-