Double talk about double cross?

Old July 10th 09, 07:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DirtRoadie

Default Double talk about double cross?

"Maybe Alberto did not go to the plan but I did not expect him to go
by the plan. It was a bit of a surprise but I wasn't surprised,"
Armstrong said.

http://www.universalsports.com/ViewA...CLID=204759074
Old July 10th 09, 07:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Paul B. Anders

On Jul 10, 11:31*am, DirtRoadie wrote:
"Maybe Alberto did not go to the plan but I did not expect him to go
by the plan. It was a bit of a surprise but I wasn't surprised,"
Armstrong said.

http://www.universalsports.com/ViewA...ID=23000&ATCLI....

Contador strikes me as a pretty smart guy. He knows better than to let
LANCE get into the jersey, even for 1 day.

Brad Anders
Old July 10th 09, 07:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
nobody

On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 11:31:43 -0700 (PDT), DirtRoadie
wrote:

"Maybe Alberto did not go to the plan but I did not expect him to go
by the plan. It was a bit of a surprise but I wasn't surprised,"
Armstrong said.

http://www.universalsports.com/ViewA...CLID=204759074

I didn't notice Contadore taking many pulls at the front. He drafted
Lance, then came from behind. A better teammate should have taken some
turns pulling once the road went up.

Old July 10th 09, 07:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

wrote:

"Maybe Alberto did not go to the plan but I did not expect him to go
by the plan. It was a bit of a surprise but I wasn't surprised,"
Armstrong said.

http://www.universalsports.com/ViewA...CLID=204759074

I didn't notice Contadore taking many pulls at the front. He drafted
Lance, then came from behind. A better teammate should have taken some
turns pulling once the road went up.

Contador did exactly what somebody planning to win the TdF should have done.

Providing that somebody didn't mind antagonizing other guys on the team,
that is. But tactically, it was perfect. Nobody was able to counter his
move. He let people know he was a force to be reckoned with.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

Old July 10th 09, 08:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

wrote:

"Maybe Alberto did not go to the plan but I did not expect him to go
by the plan. It was a bit of a surprise but I wasn't surprised,"
Armstrong said.

http://www.universalsports.com/ViewA...ID=23000&ATCLI....

I didn't notice Contadore taking many pulls at the front. He drafted
Lance, then came from behind. A better teammate should have taken some
turns pulling once the road went up.

Contador did exactly what somebody planning to win the TdF should have done.

Providing that somebody didn't mind antagonizing other guys on the team,
that is. But tactically, it was perfect. Nobody was able to counter his
move. He let people know he was a force to be reckoned with.

I found it interesting that Lance didn't seem to care at all that AC
was sucking his wheel the whole day. I think we're seeing AC and
Cadel morph into one another.

Old July 10th 09, 08:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Andre

On Jul 10, 3:04*pm, RicodJour wrote:
On Jul 10, 2:53*pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

"Maybe Alberto did not go to the plan but I did not expect him to go
by the plan. It was a bit of a surprise but I wasn't surprised,"
Armstrong said.

http://www.universalsports.com/ViewA...ID=23000&ATCLI...

I didn't notice Contadore taking many pulls at the front. He drafted
Lance, then came from behind. A better teammate should have taken some
turns pulling once the road went up.

Contador did exactly what somebody planning to win the TdF should have done.

Providing that somebody didn't mind antagonizing other guys on the team,
that is. But tactically, it was perfect. Nobody was able to counter his
move. He let people know he was a force to be reckoned with.

I found it interesting that Lance didn't seem to care at all that AC
was sucking his wheel the whole day. *I think we're seeing AC and
Cadel morph into one another.

R- Hide quoted text -

Cadel looks like Contador? No way. Cadel is a wheel sucker in the
style of Guimard, and has no punch. Contador is a tactician with an
unanswerable punch; the 2 could not be more different.

Andre
Old July 10th 09, 09:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro[_3_]

Nobody wrote:
I didn't notice Contadore taking many pulls at the front. He drafted
Lance, then came from behind. A better teammate should have taken some
turns pulling once the road went up.

Contador is the team leader. That's what team leaders do.

Old July 10th 09, 09:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Steven Bornfeld

DirtRoadie wrote:
"Maybe Alberto did not go to the plan but I did not expect him to go
by the plan. It was a bit of a surprise but I wasn't surprised,"
Armstrong said.

http://www.universalsports.com/ViewA...CLID=204759074

He should save the whining.

Steve
Old July 10th 09, 10:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Fredburger

RicodJour wrote:

I found it interesting that Lance didn't seem to care at all that AC
was sucking his wheel the whole day. I think we're seeing AC and
Cadel morph into one another.

Hopefully you'll get a chance to watch the stage this evening. First,
Evans attacked. Then Contador attacked. The attacks were in no way similar.