"We Are Traffic!"

Old August 23rd 09, 06:23 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

Default "We Are Traffic!"

"We Are Traffic! chronicles the history and development of the
"Critical Mass" bicycle movement-- one of the most spirited and
dynamic social/political movements of the apathetic 90's. In over 200
cities in 14 different countries, Critical Mass has now become a
monthly ritual of reclaiming the streets by bicycle activists riding
en masse.

With traffic congestion, pollution, and road rage on the rise, growing
numbers around the world are advocating for transportation
alternatives, and Critical Mass is at the cutting edge of this
mindset.

Presenting both the successes and failures of this unique movement We
Are Traffic! shows how Critical Mass has brought together complete
strangers in an exuberant, commercial-free public space filled with
creativity and unpredictability. In its efforts to raise awareness
Critical Mass has both inspired and challenged the public while often
confounding public officials and police departments.

We Are Traffic! is a fascinating analysis of a modern political
movement: Critical Mass--which challenges the very notion of what a
political movement should look like and how it should function.

We Are Traffic! investigates vibrant examples of transportation-
related art created and displayed in public places, focusing on the
work of mural artist Rigo23, whose bold traffic-sign motifs ask
questions instead of giving commands. Also highlighted is the work of
other Critical Mass-associated
artists including Jim Swanson, Beth Verdekal, and the mysterious "San
Francisco Department of Public Art".

Provocative and entertaining, this documentary presents a side of
Critical Mass not seen in mainstream media and illustrates the amazing
geographic spread of Critical Mass, providing glimpses of Critical
Masses in Austin,TX, Eugene, OR, Chapel Hill, NC, New York, NY,
Chicago, IL, Copenhagen, London and Sydney.

We Are Traffic! celebrates modern grassroots politics, free expression
and the potential for revitalized public spaces.

Once downloaded please seed! Thanks and Enjoy!"

http://onebigtorrent.org/torrents/59...-Mass-Movement

--
Critical Mass London
http://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk
Old August 23rd 09, 09:14 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr. Benn

Doug wrote in
:

**** OFF
Old August 23rd 09, 09:50 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

Mr. Benn wrote:
Doug wrote in
:

"We Are Traffic! chronicles the history and development of the
"Critical Mass" bicycle movement-- one of the most spirited and

**** OFF

You are obviously not a 'real cyclist'

--

Tony Dragon
Old August 23rd 09, 09:52 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

Doug wrote:
[...]

Why would I want to download anything from a site that I know nothing about?

--

Tony Dragon
Old August 23rd 09, 10:44 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Keitht

Mr. Benn wrote:
Doug wrote in
:

"We Are Traffic! chronicles the history and development of the
"Critical Mass" bicycle movement-- one of the most spirited and

**** OFF

We are traffic is a great film about CM in the US.

Watch it before doing your usual knee-jerk (off) as soon as Doug posts
anything.

--

Come to Dave & Boris - your cycle security experts.
Old August 23rd 09, 12:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_]

On Sun, 23 Aug 2009 12:25:51 +0100, Keitht KeithT wrote:

It's available as a torrent, it's not an illegal download, it doesn't
come from one site but off of as many machines that are sharing it.
which also depends on how many trackers there are for the file.

Very large numbers of companies (including mine) have an absolute
embargo on torrents on any computer owned by the company. This is not
arbitrary and it's not down to bandwidth, it's because they commonly
violate intellectual property law and also often contain malware.

I do not download torrents on *any* computer, mine or anyone else's,
for those reasons. Hence my comment: let me know when it's uploaded
to a reputable video sharing site *by the rights owner*.

Not that I am a copyright nazi, it just seems to me that "here is a
good film, demonstrate how good it is by stealing it" does not sound
like much of a recommendation to me. I have paid for every second of
music I keep on my computers. I am well aware that in some people's
eyes that makes me a mug, but the kinds of music I like tend to be
expensive and difficult to record and not massive sellers, so if I
want it I am happy to pay.

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/urc | http://www.nohelmetlaw.org.uk/
"Nullius in Verba" - take no man's word for it.
Old August 23rd 09, 02:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Keitht

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
On Sun, 23 Aug 2009 12:25:51 +0100, Keitht KeithT wrote:

It's available as a torrent, it's not an illegal download, it doesn't
come from one site but off of as many machines that are sharing it.
which also depends on how many trackers there are for the file.

Very large numbers of companies (including mine) have an absolute
embargo on torrents on any computer owned by the company. This is not
arbitrary and it's not down to bandwidth, it's because they commonly
violate intellectual property law and also often contain malware.

Linux distro's, Open Office and many others are available via torrents.
Malware - as I've said - can easily be avoided, the rights issue is a
legal thang.

There are companies that have realised torrents are a good way of
distributing files to reduce traffic demands. They keep the tracker up
to date so the torrent files also remain current.

--

Come to Dave & Boris - your cycle security experts.
Old August 23rd 09, 02:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_]

On Sun, 23 Aug 2009 14:06:46 +0100, Keitht KeithT wrote:

Linux distro's, Open Office and many others are available via torrents.
Malware - as I've said - can easily be avoided, the rights issue is a
legal thang.

Yes, you can avoid malware if you know how. A lot of torrent users
don't. And yes the rights issue is a legal thing. Does that somehow
magically make it a non-issue? How about if the company pays for the
internet connection and the computer? Our lawyers have given us some
pretty specific advice.

Guy
Old August 23rd 09, 05:14 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Ben C

On 2009-08-23, Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
[...]

It's good that you respect copyright, but bit-torrents don't have to be
illegal, it's just a very effective file-sharing technology especially
for people who don't have enormous servers with masses of bandwidth.

On the other hand, if you search Google for the film, you can buy it
on DVD from he

http://www.tedwhitegreenlight.com/cm.htm

for $25 + shipping. The fact that it costs so much does sort of imply
that the torrent is illegal.
Old August 23rd 09, 05:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith M Smith

On Sun, 23 Aug 2009 12:39:26 +0100, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:

but the kinds of music I like tend to be
expensive

Guy

Now who else but the Chapman would say something like that?

--
Guy Chapman nym-shifted to Lou Knee in order to call someone a ****.
He was caught out by the evidence of the IP address he used.