Track Worlds SBS 7pm Tonight

Old May 26th 04, 02:45 AM
hippy

Default Track Worlds SBS 7pm Tonight

Starting tonight, the track worlds will be live on SBS from 7pm.

Wednesday 26 May 7.00 – 9.00pm Thursday 27 May 7.00 – 9.30pm Frida
28 May 7.00 – 9.30pm Saturday 29 May 7.00 – 10.30pm Sunday 30 Ma
12.00 – 5.00p

Now, do I skip the ride home, catch a train and tape it or do I rid
home and miss some of it on the tape

hipp

-

Old May 26th 04, 03:45 AM
hippy

Originally posted by flyingdutch Im going on Sat night (cant wait

Me, Sunday

I'll wave to yo

I'll only see ya if you make it onto TV. I didn't end up with tix t
Saturday's racing. Costs were getting silly.

Out of curiosity (and yes, i do presume it is allocated seating, bu
for future ref) where is the best place to sit/view at 'Drunk Grey'

Never been there, but if you are talking about Melbourne's Vodaphon
Arena (where the World's are), the best place is probably just after th
finish line in the Platinum seating or at the bar in the middle o
course! You can see the whole track from most places

I've only been to Vodaphone and Blackburn so I don't know any othe
tracks. Vodaphone would be nicer if someone would give me a press pas
so I could get closer :

hipp

-

Old May 26th 04, 03:45 AM
flyingdutch

hippy wrote:
Starting tonight, the track worlds will be live on SBS from 7pm..
Wednesday 26 May 7.00 – 9.00pm Thursday 27 May 7.00 – 9.30pm Friday
28 May 7.00 – 9.30pm Saturday 29 May 7.00 – 10.30pm Sunday 30 May
12.00 – 5.00pm
Now, do I skip the ride home, catch a train and tape it or do I ride
home and miss some of it on the tape?
hippy

Im going on Sat night (cant wait

I'll wave to yo

Out of curiosity (and yes, i do presume it is allocated seating, but fo
future ref) where is the best place to sit/view at 'Drunk Grey'

Only been to 2 track meets (the last Austral at Northcote. Daughter o
shoulders shouting out 'Gaaareeee Neeewaand') and (i think) a
International meet in Adelaid

-

Old May 26th 04, 06:00 AM
amirm

hippy wrote:
(...)
Now, do I skip the ride home, catch a train and tape it or do I ride
home and miss some of it on the tape?
hippy

None. Put the G code in the DVD writer, and take your time enjoying th
ride every night. :

-

Old May 26th 04, 06:15 AM
hippy

amirm wrote:
None. Put the G code in the DVD writer, and take your time enjoying the
ride every night.

I just bought a DVD burner.. where are the G-Code buttons

;-

If I ride fast I might only miss a few minutes of it. Not too bad out o
15 or so hours

hipp

-

Old May 26th 04, 06:45 AM
flyingdutch

I'll only see ya if you make it onto TV. I didn't end up with tix t
Saturday's racing. Costs were getting silly.

Yep! look out for moi on the tube! me with father-in-law over fro
Adelaide (who sprung for the tickets) and 2 jumpin-up-n-down kid

the best place is probably just after the finish line in th
Platinum seating or at the bar in the middle of course

A Bar in the middle. how civilised:

-

Old May 26th 04, 11:08 AM
Gags

"hippy" wrote in message
Originally posted by flyingdutch Im going on Sat night (cant wait)

Me, Sunday.

I'll wave to you

I'll only see ya if you make it onto TV. I didn't end up with tix to
Saturday's racing. Costs were getting silly..

Out of curiosity (and yes, i do presume it is allocated seating, but
for future ref) where is the best place to sit/view at 'Drunk Grey' ?

Never been there, but if you are talking about Melbourne's Vodaphone
Arena (where the World's are), the best place is probably just after the
finish line in the Platinum seating or at the bar in the middle of
course! You can see the whole track from most places.

I've only been to Vodaphone and Blackburn so I don't know any other
tracks. Vodaphone would be nicer if someone would give me a press pass
so I could get closer

hippy

I scored tickets for both Saturday and Sunday off the internet from a bloke
in Canberra ($80 for two "Silver" tickets)......can't wait....

Gags

Old May 27th 04, 02:15 AM
flyingdutch

watched last night fleetingly

what kind of gearing would those lads be on? Looked like 50-sommut rin
and a 12-13 cog at the bac

think Mr 'man-mountain' Eadie will start a trend with that pint-of-guinness-hanging-off-the
chin look??? :

AMazing to think that the Brit Quealy is saying he probably cant eve
qualify to defend his kilo gold medal

-

Old May 27th 04, 02:45 AM
hippy

flyingdutch wrote:
what kind of gearing would those lads be on? Looked like 50-sommut ring
and a 12-13 cog at the back

Scroll to bottom for some track gearing info
http://www.delaunecc.org/track.ht

My track bike is 49/16. The street fix will be something closer to 48/1
(~69 gear inches)

hipp

-

Old May 27th 04, 05:00 AM
cfsmtb

Yay! Witnessed a new world record in this mornings session! How'
that for cool! Sarah also had the coolest skinsuit I've ever seen,
want one!!!

Flying Kiwi Ulmer smashes world recor
http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/s1117144.ht

-