Chivalrous or Suckered?

Old June 1st 04, 03:59 AM
hippy

Default Chivalrous or Suckered?

Last night, peak hour, Burke Rd north-bound

I ride up behind a woman riding with no lights and no helmet! At first
pass, thinking to myself "If you're that stupid, to hell with ya!"

Stopped at an intersection I told her she needed lights on her bike. Sh
explained that they were stolen today along with her helmet. She sai
she was stopping at Whitehorse Rd. and catching a tram home

I said I would ride behind her because I didn't want to see a he
killed! No doubt she thought I was a psycho (hey, most people do
but I figure it's better than leaving her to get squished

I leave her on the footpath to lock her bike and catch the tram as
turn towards home, thinking to myself "my good deed for the day, done"

Problem was I couldn't help but think she might have been fibbing to m
simply because she was busted without proper gear. There didn't appea
to be anywhere for a rear light as her seatpost was all the way down.
think I've been in the city too long - my faith in humans has bee
depleted I guess. :

Anyway, I hope she made it home safely, however she travelled and I hop
she scores some new lights soon

The rest of the ride involved me busting a lung chasing a workmate i
his car and an guy on a older racer. Ah, fun! :

hippy 01-June-200

-

Old June 1st 04, 05:00 AM
Terry Collins

hippy wrote:

....snip.....

The rest of the ride involved me busting a lung chasing a workmate in
his car and an guy on a older racer. Ah, fun!

That is a really foolish admission. Those old geezer know all the tricks
and they have absolutely no scuples about using them to make a youngen
feel bad {:-).
Old June 1st 04, 05:00 AM
Shane Stanley

In article ,
hippy wrote:

I said I would ride behind her because I didn't want to see a her
killed! No doubt she thought I was a psycho

.... or a wheel sucker ;-). C'mon, how was the wind? :-)

--
Shane Stanley

--
Shane Stanley
Old June 1st 04, 05:29 AM
hippy

"Terry Collins" wrote in messag
hippy wrote
The rest of the ride involved me busting a lung chasin
a workmate in his car and an guy on a older racer

That is a really foolish admission. Those old geezer know all th
tricks and they have absolutely no scuples about using them to make
youngen feel bad {:-)

hehe.. :-

Hey, I got him in the end! :-

Each set of lights he'd motor off the line and I'd slowly bring him bac
in. After a few k's doing this I think he ran out of juice and I naile
him up a little hill.. yes, hippy passed someone going UP a hill! ;-

hipp
- full of respect for the olds! :

-

Old June 1st 04, 06:56 AM
Alan Erskine

"hippy" wrote in message

Chivalrous. You weren't to know any different at the time and it was as you
said: a deed well done.

--
Alan Erskine
We can get people to the Moon in five years,