Cycling & pregnancy

Old January 11th 05, 11:45 AM
Zardoz

Default Cycling & pregnancy

The good news is that Mrs Z is expecting :-)

The bad news is that this will affect our cycling plans :-(

Has anyone has experience of cycling & exercise through pregnancy?
Would be grateful for some comments & links

Ta.
Old January 11th 05, 12:37 PM
JohnB

Zardoz wrote:

The good news is that Mrs Z is expecting :-)

The bad news is that this will affect our cycling plans :-(

Has anyone has experience of cycling & exercise through pregnancy?
Would be grateful for some comments & links

Not personally ;-)

However when Mrs B was 6 months pregnant with our first daughter we
spent a fortnight touring in the Pyrenees. 18 months later we spent an
idyllic three weeks wild-camping in Corsica with new daughter on the
kiddie-seat. Said youngster, is now an ingrained cyclist having done the
E2E at 14 and raced and toured extensively.
It has been roughly the same with the other children too, although son
presently prefers Games Workshop LOTR :-(

No doubt some of the fairer sex will come along soon with some more answers.

John B
Old January 11th 05, 12:59 PM
dkahn400

JohnB wrote:

It has been roughly the same with the other children too, although
son presently prefers Games Workshop LOTR :-(

Warhammer over here.

No doubt some of the fairer sex will come along soon with some more

answers.

Becka and Myra?

--
Dave...

Old January 11th 05, 02:15 PM
David Hansen

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 11:45:05 +0000 someone who may be Zardoz
wrote this:-

Would be grateful for some comments & links

http://groups.google.co.uk/advanced_group_search?hl=en

Put uk.rec.cycling into the Newsgroup box and you will find much
discussion a year or two ago.

prevents me by using the RIP Act 2000.
Old January 11th 05, 02:15 PM
Julesh

Zardoz wrote:
The good news is that Mrs Z is expecting :-)

The bad news is that this will affect our cycling plans :-(

Has anyone has experience of cycling & exercise through pregnancy?
Would be grateful for some comments & links

Ta.

We're just had our third on Dec 9th. My wife was cycling until the day
before as she found this more comfortable than walking.

She asked at one her prenatal clinic appointments whether cycling was
safe in late pregnancy and was told she shouldn't cycle "in case she
fell off!". Insert H*lm*t joke here

We asked the consultant looking after her for advice and were told that
as long as she was not uncomforatable there was no reason why she should
not cycle even in late pregnancy.

Hope this helps. If Mrs Z would like to chat with Mrs H the email
address above works.

Julesh

Old January 11th 05, 03:39 PM
Ambrose Nankivell

In oups.com,
dkahn400 typed:
JohnB wrote:

It has been roughly the same with the other children too, although
son presently prefers Games Workshop LOTR :-(

Warhammer over here.

No doubt some of the fairer sex will come along soon with some more
answers.

Becka and Myra?

Myra answered he url:http://www.myra-simon.com/myra/bike/pregnancy.html

Unsurprisingly, neither of them post here much since the birth.

Old January 11th 05, 04:02 PM
JohnB

dkahn400 wrote:

JohnB wrote:

It has been roughly the same with the other children too, although
son presently prefers Games Workshop LOTR :-(

Warhammer over here.

Don't you just hate it when you walk into the sitting room and hear that
dreaded crunch under the cleats...

....and you've flattened a Warg Rider or a Horde of Archaon [1]

[1] while son is into LOTR, 10 yr old daughter is just taking up Warhammer.

John B
Old January 11th 05, 04:18 PM
Tony W

"dkahn400" wrote in message
oups.com...

Becka and Myra?

Trouble is the little trouble arrives and Mum has better things to do than
post here :~(

Both are missed.

Old January 11th 05, 04:27 PM
dkahn400

Ambrose Nankivell wrote:

Unsurprisingly, neither of them post here much since the birth.

Do you suppose they've found something else to do? :-)

--
Dave...

Old January 11th 05, 04:34 PM
dkahn400

JohnB wrote:

Don't you just hate it when you walk into the sitting room and
hear that dreaded crunch under the cleats...

...and you've flattened a Warg Rider or a Horde of Archaon [1]

I don't have that problem luckily. The Space Marines, Blood Angels and
Necrons are either in their boxes or on the table, er... battle field.
--
Dave...