Riding Ben Nevis

Old June 28th 05, 04:47 PM
mikepenton

Default Riding Ben Nevis

in 2002 there were some threads on riding 'Ben Nevis'
(http://tinyurl.com/a36na).

Has anyone done it yet?

Has anyone any first hand insight into the rideability of the route,
considering a Morris Minor has been to the top?

I was thinking of walking up & riding down in early August...

--
mikepenton - sometimes level
mikepenton's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7090

Old June 28th 05, 05:41 PM
Fred A Arnoldson Esq

yes

tim and i did it about a month ago.

http://gallery.unicyclist.com/bennevis is where our photos are at

i suppose it depends how good you are, but after walking up on a hot day
we were too tired to bother with the steps and harder parts.
there are also some nice biking tracks nearby we went on, near the
downhill biking track.

jack

--
Fred A Arnoldson Esq - Fatty

http://gallery.unicyclist.com/khmuf

Fred A Arnoldson Esq's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6937

Old July 1st 05, 11:18 AM
mikepenton

that looked like fun.
I saw in the literature that in the area around the downhill track,
riding wasn't allowed. was it just at the bottom that you rode? it would
be good to be lazy & just ride down from the cable car!

Did I hear that cyclists are allowed on any old paths in Scotland, or am
I being wistful?

Old July 1st 05, 05:32 PM
Fred A Arnoldson Esq

the cable car wasnt running when we went there, and i dont think the
downhil would be particularly fun for a unicycle, as it is a lot of
ramps and things which requite fastness.
we rode on another section of black route somewhere near there which was
ok, and there was quite a lot of old unused northshore in a wood.
i dont know if your allowed on any old tracks but i dont imagine anyone
would complain.
jack

Old July 4th 05, 06:04 PM
Danny Colyer

mikepenton wrote:
Did I hear that cyclists are allowed on any old paths in Scotland,

Pretty much. You're thinking of the Land Reform Act 2003. I haven't
read the act, but to quote a uk.rec.cycling regular who I would expect
to have read it:

"...under the Land Reform Act 2003 it is explicitly legal to
cycle virtually anywhere in Scotland with only a few exceptions (you
may not cycle in the immediate private lands of a dwelling house, or
through someone else's tent, or a few other fairly obviously sensible
places) - certainly it is legal to cycle anywhere it is legal to walk."

URL:http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/danny/
Old July 5th 05, 11:16 AM
mikepenton

Thanks Danny, that's very good to know!

Riding with North joe Unicycling 0 January 30th 05 02:51 PM
Can Riding a Recumbent Cause a Hernia? Dom Recumbent Biking 4 November 30th 04 05:58 AM
riding the whole Hudson River Ken Roberts Rides 33 October 25th 04 08:48 PM
MUni riding – Eastern Kentucky - weekend of April 23-25 billham Unicycling 5 January 26th 04 03:45 AM
Lights for Road Riding Ken Huizenga Techniques 278 January 22nd 04 02:04 PM