Cycling down a live railway line

Old October 12th 12, 06:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder

Default Cycling down a live railway line

"Lieutenant Scott" wrote in message
newsp.wl2rgwt8ytk5n5@i7-940...
On Fri, 12 Oct 2012 17:27:38 +0100, Mr Pounder
wrote:

"Lieutenant Scott" wrote in message
newsp.wl2obyhqytk5n5@i7-940...
On Fri, 12 Oct 2012 15:43:51 +0100, Mr Pounder
wrote:

"Lieutenant Scott" wrote in message
newsp.wl0u460aytk5n5@i7-940...
On Thu, 11 Oct 2012 15:09:11 +0100, Tim+
wrote:

Dave - Cyclists VOR wrote:

Maybe he had a timetable.

Or ears to hear the train coming....

You really are a bell end.
If he is dumb enough to do what he did than he will not understand what
train sounds like.

Or he is bright enough to know that he can move sideways away from the
train track when he hears it coming. He doesn't have to outrun it along
the track like in a cartoon.

So he thinks he can dodge a train?
You really are a bell end.

What is the distance between the middle of the track and the edge of the
track?

A few feet.

At what distance do you think he will hear the train?

If he had wax in his ears like I did, he won't hear the train. Trust me on
that.

He is obviously too dumb to understand the law of trespass.

There is no law of trespass.

I rather think there is.

Not really. You need more reason than "trespass" to be convicted.]

"Trespassers will be prosecuted" signs are all over railway property.
But then again; the bell end of a cycalist probably could not read.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Peter is listening to "DJ Markski - Ski Mix Volume 51"

Old October 12th 12, 07:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder

"Phil W Lee" wrote in message
"Lieutenant Scott" considered Fri, 12 Oct 2012 17:44:46
+0100 the perfect time to write:

wrote:

Dave - Cyclists VOR wrote:

Maybe he had a timetable.

Or ears to hear the train coming....

You really are a bell end.
If he is dumb enough to do what he did than he will not understand
what a
train sounds like.

Or he is bright enough to know that he can move sideways away from the
train track when he hears it coming. He doesn't have to outrun it
along
the track like in a cartoon.

So he thinks he can dodge a train?
You really are a bell end.

What is the distance between the middle of the track and the edge of the
track?

And the height of the rail to climb over - it's going to mean
dismounting and carrying the bikes clear unless both riders are highly
proficient at "bunny-hops" (unlikely for either of them, from the look
of it).

At what distance do you think he will hear the train?

You might be surprised how close a train which is coasting can get
without you hearing it.
If he had the wind in his face, and the train approached from behind
with now power applied, he might not hear it at all.
Steam locomotives have very limited visibility directly in front, as
the driver is looking along the side of the boiler from the back, so
there's no guarantee that he would be seen in time to use the whistle
or stop.

He is obviously too dumb to understand the law of trespass.

There is no law of trespass.

I rather think there is.

Not really. You need more reason than "trespass" to be convicted.

Not on a railway line.
Trespass on a railway line is a criminal matter, unlike "normal"
trespass which is a civil matter.

+1
:-)))))

Old October 12th 12, 08:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
francis

On Friday, October 12, 2012 4:37:02 PM UTC+1, Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Fri, 12 Oct 2012 15:43:51 +0100, Mr Pounder wrote:

"Lieutenant Scott" wrote in message

newsp.wl0u460aytk5n5@i7-940...

On Thu, 11 Oct 2012 15:09:11 +0100, Tim+

wrote:

Dave - Cyclists VOR wrote:

On 11/10/2012 09:37, Bertie Wooster wrote:

On Thu, 11 Oct 2012 08:31:08 +0100, "Mrcheerful"

wrote:

Maybe dad thought his son was safe 'cos he is wearing a helmet.

Nicely shows the utter stupidity of cyclists in general.

Maybe he had a timetable.

Or ears to hear the train coming....

You really are a bell end.

If he is dumb enough to do what he did than he will not understand what a

train sounds like.

Or he is bright enough to know that he can move sideways away from the train track when he hears it coming. He doesn't have to outrun it along the track like in a cartoon.

He is obviously too dumb to understand the law of trespass.

There is no law of trespass.

--

http://petersparrots.com

http://petersphotos.com

When you want a man to play with you, wear a full-length black nightgown with buttons all over it.

Sure it's uncomfortable, but it makes you look just like his remote control.

It might be an idea if you read up the law of trespass on railway property, I would imagine it also applies to light railways.
Old October 12th 12, 08:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder

wrote:

Maybe dad thought his son was safe 'cos he is wearing a helmet.

Nicely shows the utter stupidity of cyclists in general.

Maybe he had a timetable.

Or ears to hear the train coming....

You really are a bell end.

If he is dumb enough to do what he did than he will not understand what

train sounds like.

Or he is bright enough to know that he can move sideways away from the
train track when he hears it coming. He doesn't have to outrun it along
the track like in a cartoon.

He is obviously too dumb to understand the law of trespass.

There is no law of trespass.

Take an uninvited walk around my garden and you will be enlightened by my
fist.
Have you always been a dickhead?

Old October 12th 12, 09:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Fri, 12 Oct 2012 19:20:21 +0100, Phil W Lee wrote:

snip

Trespass on a railway line is a criminal matter, unlike "normal"
trespass which is a civil matter.

Thank you M'Lud - could I now have a dash of milk please.

Old October 13th 12, 02:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Fri, 12 Oct 2012 21:08:54 +0100, Phil W Lee wrote:

"Mr Pounder" considered Fri, 12 Oct
2012 19:23:49 +0100 the perfect time to write:

"Phil W Lee" wrote in message

snip

+1
:-)))))

That must be a first :-)

I assume you mean the first time that anyone at all has ever agreed with you?

Yes - I bet that you are right.

Old October 13th 12, 03:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
thirty-six

wrote:

Dave - Cyclists VOR wrote:

[...]

Is trespass on a railway line a special case where no loss is
necessary? If I have a ticket, there cannot be trespass and if I
havn't a ticket there can't be an agreement, surely? Does one have
to falsely admit to trespass for a prosecution to stick? Does BTP
use words like "you must understand" when they make an awful arrest?
Old October 13th 12, 05:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Sat, 13 Oct 2012 07:23:53 -0700 (PDT), thirty-six
wrote:

snip

Does BTP
use words like "you must understand"

well that would cut you from the discussion.

Old October 13th 12, 05:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
thirty-six

wrote:

snip

*Does BTP
use words like "you must understand"

well that would cut you from the discussion.

I have no reason to understand. I am happy to remain ignorant of
parliamentary legislation. I KNOW it is unfair and I will only lose
out if I understand. Please try and keep up. To UNDER-STAND is not
what you thought it was at school. You either KNOW this or you don't.
Old October 13th 12, 05:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Benn

wrote:

snip

Does BTP
use words like "you must understand"

well that would cut you from the discussion.

I have no reason to understand. I am happy to remain ignorant of
parliamentary legislation. I KNOW it is unfair and I will only lose
out if I understand. Please try and keep up. To UNDER-STAND is not
what you thought it was at school. You either KNOW this or you don't.

I knew you were a member of the Tooting Popular Front.