Police get tough with scofflaws

Old June 3rd 13, 09:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

Default Police get tough with scofflaws

On 02/06/2013 12:02, thirty-six wrote:
On 2 June, 11:46, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
thirty-six wrote:
On 2 June, 09:03, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
thirty-six wrote:
On 1 June, 16:10, "Partac" wrote:
"JNugent" wrote in ...

On 31/05/2013 11:32, Partac wrote:

http://www.windsorexpress.co.uk/News...ist-arrested-f...

QUOTE:
...the woman told an employee at the estate agent she was in a rush
get a train to work when she cycled up the street and had not
realised
it was one-way.
ENDQUOTE

What, it's on her way to the station where she catches the train to
work every day and she "had not realised it was one-way"?

Yeah, right.

For the avoidance of doubt, I've taken the liberty of posting the
Google Earth street view of the road in question. I'll leave it up
to the panel to decide whether she was genuinely mistaken, or if
she was just lying through her teeth:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96800572@N02/8912745605/

Excellent. The signage is not legally binding, even to a person
driving a licensed vehicle. Any "notice" or "order" which may or
may not exist in the scrolls of office can not awfully be enforced
or penalty made. The signage does not comply with the prescribed
format as recorded in the legislaughter. As I said, thick as ...

Signage looks good to me, what do you think is wrong with it? No
entry signs apply to all vehicular traffic, and a bicycle is a
vehicle.

I obviously have greater awareness of UK-law than your deluded
understanding.

If you wish to engage your mind, please do it for the good and not be
so willing to voice your misunderstanding. The signage does not
comply with that prescribed under UK-law. It will be for the
prosecution to find the legislation and present it to court.
Examination of the legislation which was current at the time will show
that signage not to be proper and any penalties unenforceable. When
this is said to the arresting officer, great damages can later be
brought due to the injury made by false arrest, loss of liberty, blah
de blah.

So what is wrong with it?

apart from everything?

Is it because it is not mentioned in the magna carta?

So tell us what is wrong then.
Old June 3rd 13, 11:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Piatkow

I really can't be arsed to look up the regs but I would guess that the right hand no entry sign might be too far back from the junction. In which case the correct procedure is to contest the FPN in court, not to try and run away from the policeman.

Old June 4th 13, 09:02 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
thirty-six

On Jun 3, 11:09*pm, Piatkow wrote:
I really can't be arsed to look up the regs but I would guess that the right hand no entry sign might be too far back from the junction.

and the rest.

In which case the correct procedure

which applies only to one who under-stands.

is to contest the FPN in court, not to try and run away from the
policeman.

which is a waste of time. Running or riding away, when successful, is
better for all, it IS good.

Old June 4th 13, 06:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

On 04/06/2013 09:02, thirty-six wrote:
On Jun 3, 11:09 pm, Piatkow wrote:
I really can't be arsed to look up the regs but I would guess that the right hand no entry sign might be too far back from the junction.

and the rest.

In which case the correct procedure

which applies only to one who under-stands.

is to contest the FPN in court, not to try and run away from the
policeman.

which is a waste of time. Running or riding away, when successful, is
better for all, it IS good.

You still have not told us what is wrong with the signs.

Old June 4th 13, 07:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

Tony Dragon wrote:
On 04/06/2013 09:02, thirty-six wrote:
On Jun 3, 11:09 pm, Piatkow wrote:
I really can't be arsed to look up the regs but I would guess that
the right hand no entry sign might be too far back from the
junction.

and the rest.

In which case the correct procedure

which applies only to one who under-stands.

is to contest the FPN in court, not to try and run away from the
policeman.

which is a waste of time. Running or riding away, when successful,
is better for all, it IS good.

You still have not told us what is wrong with the signs.

He has not signed a contract to accept their jurisdiction.

Old June 8th 13, 01:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
francis

On Jun 4, 9:02*am, thirty-six wrote:
On Jun 3, 11:09*pm, Piatkow wrote:

I really can't be arsed to look up the regs but I would guess that the right hand no entry sign might be too far back from the junction.

and the rest.

In which case the correct procedure

which applies only to one who under-stands.

is to contest the FPN in court, not to try and run away from the
policeman.

which is a waste of time. *Running or riding away, when successful, is
better for all, it IS good.

We are still waiting for you to tell us what is incorrect with the
signage.

it's tough out there AMuzi Techniques 1 January 27th 11 01:17 AM
Here's a tough one jimmymac Techniques 0 November 14th 06 08:43 PM
Think you've got it tough? cfsmtb Australia 13 November 10th 06 03:24 AM
They think they are tough, JD Mountain Biking 15 December 19th 03 04:46 AM
Tough day for cyclists Fred General 17 September 28th 03 01:41 AM