Segways

Old July 5th 14, 02:54 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Fredxxx

Default Segways

On 05/07/2014 14:33, Uncle Peter wrote:
On Sat, 05 Jul 2014 13:26:46 +0100, Fredxxx wrote:

On 04/07/2014 23:33, Uncle Peter wrote:
On Fri, 04 Jul 2014 14:07:02 +0100, Fredxxx wrote:

On 04/07/2014 13:38, Uncle Peter wrote:
On Fri, 04 Jul 2014 12:44:51 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 04/07/2014 11:01, Uncle Peter wrote:

It's time for your medicine.

Why do you believe it's a good idea to buy a product which does things
you don't want?

Have you ever considered that there might be other reasons for buying a
car other than just it's top speed?

If you buy a car, is that all that matters?

I have a car that I have never driven at its maximum speed. Only an
idiot would say my car is not fit for purpose.

Oh so you're a snob who likes a comfy car.

You have to be a snob to desire comfort? That's some statement.

When you grow up you'll understand why.

No, you mean when I become a snooty toffee nosed individual like you,
which won't happen.

Even the most avid communists commonly embrace capitalism in their later
life.

One day you're look at these posts and think what an imbecile you have
been.
Old July 5th 14, 03:08 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Bod[_5_]

On 05/07/2014 14:54, Fredxxx wrote:
[...]

Only if he doesn't get killed in the meantime.
Old July 5th 14, 03:27 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
MrCheerful

On Sat, 05 Jul 2014 13:35:05 +0100, Fredxxx wrote:

On 04/07/2014 22:47, Uncle Peter wrote:
On Fri, 04 Jul 2014 13:53:53 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 04/07/2014 13:38, Uncle Peter wrote:
On Fri, 04 Jul 2014 12:44:51 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 04/07/2014 11:01, Uncle Peter wrote:

It's time for your medicine.

Why do you believe it's a good idea to buy a product which does
things
you don't want?

Well I bought our car for the comfort and the extra power (2.2 litre)
for safer overtaking etc.
It can do 133mph, but I didn't buy it for top speed.
Are you saying, that just because mine can do 133, that I should do
that
speed?

Safer overtaking my arse. What you mean is more fun overtaking.

The desire for safety comes with age. Something you clearly don't
appreciate.

What makes you think this desire is a good thing?

Clearly you are not old enough to understand.

I have often seen situations where a bit more power available would have
made things safer or avoided a collision. If you ever want proof of
this, put a modern car into limp home mode and discover how frightening
even a simple manouevre is, when power is very limited.
Old July 5th 14, 09:50 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Uncle Peter

On Sat, 05 Jul 2014 15:27:55 +0100, Mrcheerful wrote:

On 05/07/2014 14:53, Fredxxx wrote:
On 05/07/2014 14:33, Uncle Peter wrote:
On Sat, 05 Jul 2014 13:35:05 +0100, Fredxxx wrote:

On 04/07/2014 22:47, Uncle Peter wrote:
On Fri, 04 Jul 2014 13:53:53 +0100, Bod wrote:

Safer overtaking my arse. What you mean is more fun overtaking.

The desire for safety comes with age. Something you clearly don't
appreciate.

What makes you think this desire is a good thing?

Clearly you are not old enough to understand.

I have often seen situations where a bit more power available would have
made things safer or avoided a collision. If you ever want proof of
this, put a modern car into limp home mode and discover how frightening
even a simple manouevre is, when power is very limited.

It also means you can pull out of a junction when there is only just enough room.

--
101 Dalmatians and Peter Pan are the only two Disney animated features in which both the parents are present and don't die throughout the movie.
Old July 5th 14, 09:50 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Uncle Peter

On Sat, 05 Jul 2014 14:53:11 +0100, Fredxxx wrote:

On 05/07/2014 14:33, Uncle Peter wrote:
On Sat, 05 Jul 2014 13:35:05 +0100, Fredxxx wrote:

On 04/07/2014 22:47, Uncle Peter wrote:
On Fri, 04 Jul 2014 13:53:53 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 04/07/2014 13:38, Uncle Peter wrote:

Well I bought our car for the comfort and the extra power (2.2 litre)
for safer overtaking etc.
It can do 133mph, but I didn't buy it for top speed.
Are you saying, that just because mine can do 133, that I should do
that
speed?

Safer overtaking my arse. What you mean is more fun overtaking.

The desire for safety comes with age. Something you clearly don't
appreciate.

What makes you think this desire is a good thing?

Clearly you are not old enough to understand.

Clearly you think things should be 100% safe instead of 99.9% safe, which is absurd.

--
Sex drive: a physical craving that begins in adolescence and ends at marriage.
Old July 5th 14, 09:50 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Uncle Peter

On Sat, 05 Jul 2014 14:54:44 +0100, Fredxxx wrote:

[...]

No, only morons are capitalist.

--
I don't care what they say, I don't think "phone sex" is any fun at all, unless you happen to be in the same booth with her.
Old July 5th 14, 09:51 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Uncle Peter

On Sat, 05 Jul 2014 09:45:33 +0100, Tony Dragon wrote:

On 04/07/2014 22:48, Uncle Peter wrote:
On Fri, 04 Jul 2014 17:49:42 +0100, Tony Dragon
wrote:

On 04/07/2014 14:07, Fredxxx wrote:
On 04/07/2014 13:38, Uncle Peter wrote:
On Fri, 04 Jul 2014 12:44:51 +0100, Bod wrote:

Why do you believe it's a good idea to buy a product which does things
you don't want?

Have you ever considered that there might be other reasons for buying a
car other than just it's top speed?

If you buy a car, is that all that matters?

I have a car that I have never driven at its maximum speed. Only an
idiot would say my car is not fit for purpose.

And indeed an idiot did say that.

No, someone who doesn't pay for things he doesn't use.

QED

You think I'm stupid because I only buy what I need?

Old July 5th 14, 11:17 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Uncle Peter

On Sat, 05 Jul 2014 09:57:08 +0100, Tony Dragon wrote:

On 04/07/2014 22:49, Uncle Peter wrote:
On 04/07/2014 17:50, Tony Dragon wrote:
On 04/07/2014 11:01, Uncle Peter wrote:
On Fri, 04 Jul 2014 09:32:45 +0100, Fredxxx wrote:

He's only an idiot if he doesn't use the 100mph function. If he wants
to go 70, he should buy a cheaper car.

Can you tell me where I said I haven't used the 100mph speed.

Keep digging.

You said that mobility scooters should go at only 4mph on pavements.

Evasion noted.

Miss-detection. You think it's ok to not use the full extent of your vehicle.

--
Once you've seen one shopping centre, you've seen a mall.
Old July 5th 14, 11:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
francis

On Saturday, 5 July 2014 21:50:48 UTC+1, Uncle Peter wrote:
[...]

I never knew that you were a capitalist.
Old July 5th 14, 11:39 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Tony Dragon

wrote:

He's only an idiot if he doesn't use the 100mph function. If he
wants
to go 70, he should buy a cheaper car.

Can you tell me where I said I haven't used the 100mph speed.

Keep digging.

You said that mobility scooters should go at only 4mph on pavements.

Evasion noted.

Miss-detection. You think it's ok to not use the full extent of your
vehicle.

Miss-detection??

Please quote where I have said what you have attributed to me.

---

Segways in shopping centre David Hansen UK 13 November 24th 07 04:09 PM
Why do people always talk about Segways when the see a Unicyclist? Ducttape Unicycling 10 June 12th 06 10:54 PM
Segways Bill Baka General 2 October 6th 05 12:09 AM
6000 Segways recalled Orienteer UK 4 September 29th 03 03:30 PM