insurance

Old September 3rd 14, 08:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
francis

Default insurance

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...t-9691890.html

It seems that neither of them has insurance, how can this be true?
Old September 3rd 14, 09:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 03/09/2014 20:55, francis wrote:
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...t-9691890.html

It seems that neither of them has insurance, how can this be true?

They are obviously mis-reported, all cyclists are very rich and insured
against everything. Obviously the other party was in a car, as cyclists
cannot cause such a serious injury.
Old September 3rd 14, 09:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nick[_4_]

On 03/09/2014 20:55, francis wrote:
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...t-9691890.html

It seems that neither of them has insurance, how can this be true?

She looks pretty good for fifty. I wonder if that is the 30 years of
cycling that has kept her in shape.

I suspect given "no CCTV footage available and no witnesses" it might be
a hard one to get compensation for even if the other cyclist had assets
or insurance to cover it.
Old September 3rd 14, 10:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tarcap

"francis" wrote in message

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...t-9691890.html

It seems that neither of them has insurance, how can this be true?

I would imagine neither of them have fridge/freezers.

Old September 5th 14, 09:47 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Wed, 3 Sep 2014 12:55:34 -0700 (PDT), francis
wrote:

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...t-9691890.html

It seems that neither of them has insurance, how can this be true?

Perhaps they are not very well off and cannot afford fridge/freezer insurance
like many people in rented accommodation.