Rotary Park

Old September 25th 20, 03:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default Rotary Park

I've found out why the walkway around the water fountain at Rotary
Park was so wide that when I first viewed it from the pavillion, I
mistook it for parking.

It *is* a parking lot. According to today's Ink Free News, three
bike racks were installed today. And the photgraphs show actual
functioning bike racks, not dish drainers.

The ribbon cutting is tomorrow. The pictures still don't show any
signs saying "Rotary Park" or explaining the significance of the "cog
monument". Perhaps in the years since it was installed, the
significance of the monument was forgotten. The article says that the
groundbreaking was in September of 2017.

When I first saw the park, I noticed with delight that it had a water
fountain of the latest fashion. The article describes it as:

The park also contains a unique water fountain.

“You can drink out of the fountain or fill a water bottle there,”
Taylor said. “But there’s also a basin at the bottom where your dog
can drink out of it.”

Just like the fountain installed in Winona Lake Limitless Park a few
years ago. The Winona fountain is not as sleek.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at centurylink dot net