pavement cyclists mow down young and old

Old October 12th 12, 04:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

Default pavement cyclists mow down young and old

In the last few weeks an elderly person suffered a fractured wrist and a
four-year-old child was knocked over, both as a result of pedal cyclists on
the pedestrianised in town centre areas.

http://www.runcornandwidnesweeklynew...5368-32005031/

Old October 12th 12, 04:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Lieutenant Scott

On Fri, 12 Oct 2012 16:02:07 +0100, Mrcheerful wrote:

In the last few weeks an elderly person suffered a fractured wrist and a
four-year-old child was knocked over, both as a result of pedal cyclists on
the pedestrianised in town centre areas.

http://www.runcornandwidnesweeklynew...5368-32005031/

Cyclists ARE pedestrians. There is no engine.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

An elderly British gentleman of 83 arrived in Paris by plane. At the French
customs desk he took a few minutes to locate his passport in his carry-on
bag. 'You have been to France before, Monsieur?' the customs officer asked
sarcastically.
The elderly gentleman admitted he had been to France previously.
'Then you should know enough to 'ave your passport ready,' the customs
officer said. The elderly gentleman replied, 'The last time I was here, I
didn't have to show it.'
'Impossible! The British always have to show their passports on arrival in
France !'
The Man gave the Frenchman a long hard look. Then he quietly explained;
'Well, when I came ashore on the Beach on D-Day in 1944, I couldn't find any
****ing Frenchmen to show it to...!!
Old October 12th 12, 05:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

wrote:

In the last few weeks an elderly person suffered a fractured wrist and a
four-year-old child was knocked over, both as a result of pedal cyclists on
the pedestrianised in town centre areas.

http://www.runcornandwidnesweeklynew...5368-32005031/

And in other news...
Pedestrian _killed_ by motorcyclist:
http://www.thisistamworth.co.uk/Pede...ail/story.html
Pensioner _killed_ by HGV driver:
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liver...0252-32008956/
Another pensioner _killed_ by another HGV driver:
http://www.london24.com/news/pedestr...ed_1_ 1652125
And pedestrian _killed_ by awning:
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...y-8196644.html
Old October 12th 12, 05:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder

newsp.wl2ok8feytk5n5@i7-940...
wrote:

In the last few weeks an elderly person suffered a fractured wrist and a
four-year-old child was knocked over, both as a result of pedal cyclists
on
the pedestrianised in town centre areas.

http://www.runcornandwidnesweeklynew...5368-32005031/

Cyclists ARE pedestrians. There is no engine.

¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬

Typical thick cyclist.
"There is no engine".

Old October 12th 12, 05:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Partac[_10_]

wrote:

In the last few weeks an elderly person suffered a fractured wrist and a
four-year-old child was knocked over, both as a result of pedal cyclists on
the pedestrianised in town centre areas.

http://www.runcornandwidnesweeklynew...5368-32005031/

And in other news...
Pedestrian _killed_ by motorcyclist:
http://www.thisistamworth.co.uk/Pede...ail/story.html
Pensioner _killed_ by HGV driver:
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liver...0252-32008956/
Another pensioner _killed_ by another HGV driver:
http://www.london24.com/news/pedestr...ed_1_ 1652125
And pedestrian _killed_ by awning:
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...y-8196644.html

I realise that you're a cyclist and a primary school teacher, so you
probably need things explaining to you but this is a cycling newsgroup.
Please try to stay on topic. There are newsgroups covering motorcycles and
HGV's (although I suspect that there probably won't be an awning newsgroup)
which would have been relevant.

Old October 12th 12, 05:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Lieutenant Scott

wrote:

In the last few weeks an elderly person suffered a fractured wrist and a
four-year-old child was knocked over, both as a result of pedal cyclists
on
the pedestrianised in town centre areas.

http://www.runcornandwidnesweeklynew...5368-32005031/

Cyclists ARE pedestrians. There is no engine.

¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬

Typical thick cyclist.
"There is no engine".

Which makes it way less dangerous.

What IS dangerous are women with pushchairs. Well they used to be pushchairs, now they are enormous "buggies" with at least 8 wheels. Their operators think they have priority over everything else. I actually witnessed one woman angrily tell an OAP to move out of the way.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

As they say at Microsoft - "What do you want to reinstall today?"
Old October 12th 12, 05:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

wrote:

In the last few weeks an elderly person suffered a fractured wrist and a
four-year-old child was knocked over, both as a result of pedal
cyclists on
the pedestrianised in town centre areas.

http://www.runcornandwidnesweeklynew...5368-32005031/

Cyclists ARE pedestrians. There is no engine.

A push bike is a vehicle you retard.

vehicle fit only for the poor and/or strange," Dave Horton, of Lancaster
University, wrote in an interim assessment of the Understanding Walking
and Cycling study. "For them, cycling is a bit embarrassing, they fail
to see its purpose, and have no interest in integrating it into their
lives, certainly on a regular basis."
Old October 12th 12, 05:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

wrote:

In the last few weeks an elderly person suffered a fractured wrist
and a
four-year-old child was knocked over, both as a result of pedal
cyclists
on
the pedestrianised in town centre areas.

http://www.runcornandwidnesweeklynew...5368-32005031/

Cyclists ARE pedestrians. There is no engine.

¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬

Typical thick cyclist.
"There is no engine".

Which makes it way less dangerous.

Not at all. A silent, unstable vehicle doing 20mph is highly dangerous.

Old October 12th 12, 05:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

wrote:

In the last few weeks an elderly person suffered a fractured wrist and a
four-year-old child was knocked over, both as a result of pedal
cyclists on
the pedestrianised in town centre areas.

http://www.runcornandwidnesweeklynew...5368-32005031/

Cyclists ARE pedestrians. There is no engine.

Vehicle. n. A self-propelled conveyance that runs on tires.

Old October 12th 12, 05:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Lieutenant Scott

wrote:

In the last few weeks an elderly person suffered a fractured wrist
and a
four-year-old child was knocked over, both as a result of pedal
cyclists
on
the pedestrianised in town centre areas.

http://www.runcornandwidnesweeklynew...5368-32005031/

Cyclists ARE pedestrians. There is no engine.
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬

Typical thick cyclist.
"There is no engine".

Which makes it way less dangerous.

Not at all. A silent, unstable vehicle doing 20mph is highly dangerous.

If you had the choice between a car or a bike hitting you, which would you take?

Hints: 1) the bicycle is smaller and can be dodged easier.
2) the bicycle has FAR less momentum.
3) as you said it's unstable, you can push him over to get him out of your way.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

I go fishing; I catch nothing. I go to orgies; I catch everything.