Tire For Trials On 24"

Old November 22nd 04, 01:52 PM
pdc

Default Tire For Trials On 24"

I'm saving for a trials uni. In the mean time I'm trashing my Dura
Leopard tire on my Muni doing trials and street riding. Any suggestions
for a good 24 x 3 tire that would work for trials?

--
pdc - self proclaimed Level 3
pdc's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8160

Old November 22nd 04, 02:05 PM
hungfromhooks

24" x 3 Dyno FireBall if you can still find one? there are other
companies making 24 x 3 chopper cruiser tires, there is a fat ass tire
looks like it might work?

--
hungfromhooks - uni newbie

Philip Barbosa

people photographer- side show performer - newbie unicyclist

Witness an average man, flesh skewered deeply and imbedded with shark
fishing hooks! Marvel as a mere mortal fueled only by free will...
Ferociosly Pulls, twists, and stretches hooked apendages to transform
the pastey dermal landscape of his own hide and finally ascend to new
heights, literally!" This is NO ILLUSION! What you will see is real...
and remember ladies and gentlemen all this done without the assistance
of his unicycle.
hungfromhooks's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6954

Old November 22nd 04, 02:05 PM
UNIquelyCanadian

I'm interested in an answer as well, since we are facing a simular
situation.

In 24" by 3" wide I know of the Fireball tire. However I don't know if
it is good for anything but pavement. Can one be ridden off road?

--
UNIquelyCanadian - Muni Rider
UNIquelyCanadian's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7524

Old November 22nd 04, 04:12 PM
maroastedpeanuts

Just buy a gazz. I use a 3" on my 24 and it rocks...its a bomber off
road tire and works really well as a trials tire. If you run it at low
pressure it sticks to anything...the only prob is the weight of a 24x3

--
maroastedpeanuts
maroastedpeanuts's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6723

Old November 22nd 04, 05:09 PM
pdc

I'm currently using a Duro Leopard (not so different from a Gazz) but I
feel like I'm ripping the knobs off when on pavement.

Old November 23rd 04, 01:25 PM
pdc

Back to the top.

Old November 23rd 04, 05:01 PM
beelzebub of balance

I prefer the Hoggy G to the Fireball. The Hoggy has a much rounder
profile--making it much easier to ride on off-camber conditions.

David

--
beelzebub of balance - Junior Member of the Universe

"When caught between two evils I generally pick the one I've never tried
before." Mae West

David Maxfield
Mitchell, SD
beelzebub of balance's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1631

Old November 23rd 04, 08:07 PM
billham

beelzebub of balance wrote:
*I prefer the Hoggy G to the Fireball. The Hoggy has a much rounder
profile--making it much easier to ride on off-camber conditions.

David *

So how does the Hoggy G work when you are riding on the edge of a
skinny? I've heard the flatter tread of the Gazz is more forgiving on a
skinny, so it would seem that the Hoggy G round profile would be less
forgiving when on the edge of an obstacle.

Bill

--
billham

On my way to starting a local unicycle club!
billham's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4625

Old November 23rd 04, 08:31 PM
hungfromhooks

what is the true width of your hoggy G. they are not as fat as they
advertise. is the hoggy sticky at all?

Old November 23rd 04, 11:54 PM
gerblefranklin

The fireball has a weird charcteristic that it pulls you into slants and
off-camber situations. It's possible to get used to, as I did, but it's
really not very good. I think it has more to do with the sidewalls then
the profile. I've seen tissue paper thicker than fireball sidewalls.
I've ridden a fireball on minor offroad, and it works okay. Knobbies are
nice, though.

--
gerblefranklin - Trials Unicyclist

"When we hang the capitalists they will sell us the rope we use." "It is
enough that the people know there was an election. The people who cast
the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide
everything." - Joseph Stalin