And the Tour is off to an interesting start

Old July 3rd 11, 01:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

Default And the Tour is off to an interesting start

--D-y wrote:

On Jul 2, 12:20*pm, Zenon wrote:
On Jul 2, 9:21*am, Scott wrote:

On Jul 2, 10:09*am, RicodJour wrote:

On Jul 2, 11:59*am, RicodJour wrote:

No bull**** prologues and posing. *A little spectator billiards, big
gaps opening up, and everyone had the **** beat out of them on the
first day.

Anyone have a link to the spectator that the Astana rider clipped? *It
looked like a woman in yellow that was standing on the white line
looking the other way at the riders who had already passed and
clapping, then BAM! *They'll probably show more of that in the
extended coverage, but it looked like she just zoomed backwards into
the ditch when she got hit.

I love July.

Here's the video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfWotphjMC0

The Astana rider moved to the right to the edge of the road, saw the
person, and instead of moving a bit to the left to avoid hitting the
spectator (there was enough room to move over), kind of leaned into
the hit.

I hate oblivious spectators. *I also hate Astana. *I'm going to have
to call this one a tie in the blame game.

Too bad the rider was a whippet-like little road racer instead of a
trackie. *A shoulder bump like that shouldn't have been a big deal at
all...

So, aside from the obvious bruising, how badly do you imagine that
spectator feels?- Hide quoted text -

.
.
.
What's up with Cancellara not being able to finish what he started?
Is he experiencing profound sedation? *What a pussy! *And how come
Cattle Evans sounds like Michael Jackson? *The Gendarme Mod Squad
should be checking the BMC trash cans for Propofol ampoules with Sven
Schoutteten's name written all over it. *Cattle should start smoking
so he can get that Marlboro smoker's voice. *Otherwise, he'll have the
pussy voice for the rest of his life.

Whoops, a distracted "send".

Pussy pussy pussy.

Cancellara went for it and the hill was too steep to get away, so he
quit to save energy for tomorrow's TTT, where he will be vital to the
Tour hopes of those nice Schleck boys, who are still going to need all
the help they can get even after the gift they got today.

Meaning, Spartacus has a brain, not a pussy.

Evans could use a TUE but then he has done very well over the last few
years, learning to speak with his legs, as he did today. That's a WIP.
Maybe he'll ram it home this year; he certainly does seem to be in the
mood and maybe this will be a good month for him.

Pussy pussy pussy.
--D-y

Oh yeah, Canceled Check decided to pack it in about 200 meters from the finish.
I'm sure he saved tons of energy by doing that. I'll tell you
something...Gilbert definitely got his doping program dialed in....he's gonna be
tough to beat in one day races.

Magilla

Old July 3rd 11, 02:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scott

On Jul 2, 3:49*pm, thirty-six wrote:
On Jul 2, 9:53*pm, atriage wrote:

On 02/07/2011 20:10, ilan wrote:

On Jul 2, 5:59 pm, *wrote:
No bull**** prologues and posing. *A little spectator billiards, big
gaps opening up, and everyone had the **** beat out of them on the
first day.

Anyone have a link to the spectator that the Astana rider clipped? *It
looked like a woman in yellow that was standing on the white line
looking the other way at the riders who had already passed and
clapping, then BAM! *They'll probably show more of that in the
extended coverage, but it looked like she just zoomed backwards into
the ditch when she got hit.

I love July.

The rider was at fault, since the spectator was not on the road.

Huh? She was clearly on the surfaced part of the road, on the white line, anyone
with half a brain would know that in a passing bunch there would certainly be a
rider there.

Bull****, the rider was completely outside the line marking the edge
of the carriageway, he'd have come down with a broken edging. *By law
he should have been inside that line, he is totally at fault.

What law would that be?
Old July 3rd 11, 02:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
billyroll

On Jul 2, 8:59*am, RicodJour wrote:
No bull**** prologues and posing. *A little spectator billiards, big
gaps opening up, and everyone had the **** beat out of them on the
first day.

Anyone have a link to the spectator that the Astana rider clipped? *It
looked like a woman in yellow that was standing on the white line
looking the other way at the riders who had already passed and
clapping, then BAM! *They'll probably show more of that in the
extended coverage, but it looked like she just zoomed backwards into
the ditch when she got hit.

I love July.

Why aren't we talking about the fact that Phil called Yohann Gène a
"colored" rider?
Old July 3rd 11, 02:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ben Trovato

On Jul 2, 6:12*pm, billyroll wrote:
On Jul 2, 8:59*am, RicodJour wrote:

No bull**** prologues and posing. *A little spectator billiards, big
gaps opening up, and everyone had the **** beat out of them on the
first day.

Anyone have a link to the spectator that the Astana rider clipped? *It
looked like a woman in yellow that was standing on the white line
looking the other way at the riders who had already passed and
clapping, then BAM! *They'll probably show more of that in the
extended coverage, but it looked like she just zoomed backwards into
the ditch when she got hit.

I love July.

Why aren't we talking about the fact that Phil called Yohann Gène a
"colored" rider?

Same reason we're not discussing the Eurosport commentator's peculiar
understanding of the numeration of French departments.
Old July 3rd 11, 03:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour[_2_]

On Jul 2, 6:50*pm, RicodJour wrote:
On Jul 2, 4:53*pm, atriage wrote:

On 02/07/2011 20:10, ilan wrote:
On Jul 2, 5:59 pm, *wrote:

No bull**** prologues and posing. *A little spectator billiards, big
gaps opening up, and everyone had the **** beat out of them on the
first day.

Anyone have a link to the spectator that the Astana rider clipped? *It
looked like a woman in yellow that was standing on the white line
looking the other way at the riders who had already passed and
clapping, then BAM! *They'll probably show more of that in the
extended coverage, but it looked like she just zoomed backwards into
the ditch when she got hit.

I love July.

The rider was at fault, since the spectator was not on the road.

Huh? She was clearly on the surfaced part of the road, on the white line, anyone
with half a brain would know that in a passing bunch there would certainly be a
rider there.

Only problem was that she was looking at the passing bunch that had
already passed, not the passing bunch that she was about to take
out.

I think I stand corrected - by me. Watching the replay there's a guy
in a yellow shirt who works his way through the wreckage to help
somebody. Considering there was only one person spectating wearing a
bright yellow shirt, I'm a-guessing that he's the one that was the
boob (not boobs) that started the whole chain reaction, and he was
feeling like he should do something to help. Yeah, like next time
stay out of the fookin' way! Sheesh.

Old July 3rd 11, 03:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

billyroll wrote:

On Jul 2, 8:59*am, RicodJour wrote:
No bull**** prologues and posing. *A little spectator billiards, big
gaps opening up, and everyone had the **** beat out of them on the
first day.

Anyone have a link to the spectator that the Astana rider clipped? *It
looked like a woman in yellow that was standing on the white line
looking the other way at the riders who had already passed and
clapping, then BAM! *They'll probably show more of that in the
extended coverage, but it looked like she just zoomed backwards into
the ditch when she got hit.

I love July.

Why aren't we talking about the fact that Phil called Yohann Gène a
"colored" rider?

That's the type of stuff that commentators get fired over.

Magilla

Old July 3rd 11, 04:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour[_2_]

On Jul 2, 10:21*pm, MagillaGorilla wrote:
billyroll wrote:

Why aren't we talking about the fact that Phil called Yohann G ne a
"colored" rider?

That's the type of stuff that commentators get fired over.

Yeah, thanks for being the politcally correct patrol officer for the
group. You're doing a bang up job.

Phil is from a different generation, and he's not from the US, so
there's no 'law' that he has to use the word Negro, black or Afro-
American, Afro-Frenchman or any other stupid 'correct' way to indicate
that he's not a racist.

Generally speaking it's not wise to look for insult where none was
intended. Dumbass.

Old July 3rd 11, 05:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
--D-y

On Jul 2, 7:55*pm, MagillaGorilla wrote:

Oh yeah, Canceled Check decided to pack it in about 200 meters from the finish.
I'm sure he saved tons of energy by doing that.

What would you have done? Blown your wad for another 2nd place this
year, with the TTT tomorrow and those nice-but-scrawny Schleck boys to
push across the finish line?
Spartacus, from what I could see on Versus, just kinda poked it one
more time once Gilbert went by, then moved over and let everyone by,
finishing 18th I think it was.
I mean, we didn't see him come around that corner where he went wide
left even after riders who were gapped went round.

Maybe the Gruber stopped assisting. Is that possible in your universe?
--D-y
Old July 3rd 11, 06:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

billyroll wrote:

Why aren't we talking about the fact that Phil called Yohann G ne a
"colored" rider?

That's the type of stuff that commentators get fired over.

Yeah, thanks for being the politcally correct patrol officer for the
group. You're doing a bang up job.

Phil is from a different generation, and he's not from the US, so
there's no 'law' that he has to use the word Negro, black or Afro-
American, Afro-Frenchman or any other stupid 'correct' way to indicate
that he's not a racist.

Generally speaking it's not wise to look for insult where none was
intended. Dumbass.

Phil got a little talking to by the producer at Versus, trust me.
Offensiveness is defined by the audience (U.S.) not the commentator.

Magilla

Old July 3rd 11, 07:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RobertH

On Jul 2, 4:53*pm, atriage wrote:

On 02/07/2011 20:10, ilan wrote:
On Jul 2, 5:59 pm, *wrote:

[...]

That was a different individual I think. Pretty sure the obstructor
was on the far right side of the screen in that shot, being attended
to by a small crowd of very concerned-looking persons.