Degree in cycling

Old July 6th 20, 09:59 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pamela

Default Degree in cycling

Writtle University (sic) offers a degree in cycling. I wonder if it includes
roadcraft.

https://writtle.ac.uk/Foundation-Deg...rcise-Science-
(Cycling-Performance)

OR https://bit.ly/3ixZQNS
Old July 6th 20, 10:54 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On 06/07/2020 20:59, Pamela wrote:
Writtle University (sic) offers a degree in cycling. I wonder if it includes
roadcraft.

https://writtle.ac.uk/Foundation-Deg...rcise-Science-
(Cycling-Performance)

OR https://bit.ly/3ixZQNS

Seems like it is mostly for competitive high-achievement bicycling.
Old July 6th 20, 05:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_12_]

On 06/07/2020 09:59, Pamela wrote:
Writtle University (sic) offers a degree in cycling. I wonder if it includes
roadcraft.

https://writtle.ac.uk/Foundation-Deg...rcise-Science-
(Cycling-Performance)

OR https://bit.ly/3ixZQNS

;-)

Quote from a google search (I didn't click on the link):

"Writtle University College is a leading provider of land-based, animal,
environmental, design and sport education..."

It isn't a university. It will have to have any academic awards it
issues validated by a university (unless the CNAA is still in existence,
though I have a feeling that it is defunct).

Well... I couldn't resist giving it a click in the end.

I like this bit:

QUOTE:
Writtle University College is a very active institution and its students
have been recognised for the standard of their work. The Writtle
Floristry team won the Gold award at the Royal Horticultural Society
Hampton Court Palace Flower Show in 2012 for their exhibition entitled
"Lady of Shallot".[13] The floristry team also won a Silver award for
their exhibition "Rock Around the Clock" in 2013.

The University College's Further Education horticulture students won a
Gold award at the Royal Horticultural Society Young Gardeners of the
Year competition in 2014. They have previously won a Silver award in
2013 and 2012. They also received the Bronze award in 2011.
Writtle University College alumnus Liam Sapsford won the 'Garden
Designer of the Year' award at the Grand Designs Live Show 2014.

Writtle graduate Jacqui Jobbins won the 'student dissertation' award in
the Landscape Institute awards 2014.

Writtle further education horticulture students won 'Best in Show',
'Gold' and 'People's Choice' awards at the Ideal Home Show Young
Gardeners of the Year competition in 2015. Presented by David Domoney.

Postgraduate student Jiyoung Kim, from South Korea, was joint winner of
the Society of Garden Designers' Student Award in 2015 for her garden
design which aims to support those facing mental health issues.

Writtle University College students won Gold, Best in Show and People's
Choice awards at the Young Gardeners of the Year competition in London
in 2015.
ENDQUOTE

Bad driving causes crashes to a much greater degree thanirresponsible cycling Squashme UK 20 July 28th 12 05:23 PM
Degree of difficulty? Carl Sundquist Racing 1 February 24th 09 11:05 PM
90 degree turn ? Unibugg Unicycling 6 March 23rd 07 03:13 AM
honorary degree ? BIG_ONE UK 6 August 14th 05 12:02 PM
Need a college degree? [email protected] Unicycling 3 January 19th 05 01:07 AM