Commuting Alternative?

Old January 28th 07, 10:17 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Peter Clinch

Default Commuting Alternative?

Dave Clary wrote:

It was pretty
fast but there was no way that I could approach the average speed the
OP was looking for in city traffic.

Sounds entirely reasonable: urban will often mean stop/start, where
high speed generally means an uninterrupted run. Without that
the sorts of mentioned are unlikely, I'd think.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
Old January 29th 07, 02:32 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Curtis L. Russell

On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 00:09:58 -0600, Dave Clary
wrote:

Well here's a blast from the past. I commuted on a fully-faired
recumbent (a P-38 with an Ed Gin inspired fairing). It was pretty
fast but there was no way that I could approach the average speed the
OP was looking for in city traffic. And it was ultimately crazy
drivers and scary crosswinds that made me abandon the commute
altogether.

Now I get to sit back and see if anyone even finds this post in this
garbage-strewn NG. But first I'll kill file the obvious candidate and
see how many posts are left!! :-)

Hey, I got it pretty close, now.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)