Hotrodding a Giro 26/20?

Old January 29th 07, 06:33 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
stratrider

Default Hotrodding a Giro 26/20?

Let's start with a Giro 26/20, swap out the stock wheels with
Thracians, swap out the standard seat for the Euromesh and do NOTHING
else. I am thinking you wind up with a solid do it all sub 28 lb bike
for short and tall riders alike that comes in at $1800 or less. This
I think would compete with the Volae Century very nicely. How about
it Bacchetta?

Jim Reilly
Reading, PA

Old January 29th 07, 08:39 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Zebee Johnstone

In alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent on 29 Jan 2007 10:33:54 -0800
stratrider wrote:
Let's start with a Giro 26/20, swap out the stock wheels with
Thracians, swap out the standard seat for the Euromesh and do NOTHING
else. I am thinking you wind up with a solid do it all sub 28 lb bike
for short and tall riders alike that comes in at $1800 or less. This
I think would compete with the Volae Century very nicely. How about
it Bacchetta?

Don't think there's much value in Bacchetta offering it as a separate
thing when their dealers can.

If the punter says to the dealer "I want something lighter" the dealer
can do the swaps and, as they say, "value add".

I believe you can order your Giro with an EM seat from Bacchetta it's
just not a separate model. Just have to ask them for it.

Does the recurve weigh so much compared to the EM? And how much
different are the wheels?

I sometimes feel I'm pushing a lot of bike around, but dunno how much
difference things like that would make.

Zebee
Old January 29th 07, 10:24 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
gotbent

"stratrider" wrote in message
oups.com...
Let's start with a Giro 26/20, swap out the stock wheels with
Thracians, swap out the standard seat for the Euromesh and do NOTHING
else. I am thinking you wind up with a solid do it all sub 28 lb bike
for short and tall riders alike that comes in at $1800 or less. This
I think would compete with the Volae Century very nicely. How about
it Bacchetta?

Jim Reilly
Reading, PA

Or you could just buy a RANS V-Rex.

Old January 30th 07, 02:47 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
stratrider

On Jan 29, 3:39 pm, Zebee Johnstone wrote:

I sometimes feel I'm pushing a lot of bike around, but dunno how much
difference things like that would make.

I actually added weight to my 2003 Strada. I started with the M5
fiberglass seat option. I found the ride to be very harsh and
unforgiving. I also found that the M5 even with a weep hole drilled
through the base offered no ventilation. Last year I went to the
Euromesh seat! What a difference! The frame/mesh construction
delivers both ventilation and passive suspension for the price of
about 8 oz.

Jim

Giro TTT Kendall Racing 0 May 5th 06 11:29 PM
Giro on RAI in US [email protected] Racing 0 May 1st 06 07:06 PM
Giro Map?? Hell and High Water Racing 2 April 20th 06 10:25 PM
Where's Giro on OLN? [email protected] Racing 4 May 24th 05 02:06 AM
Giro DVD Dominic Sansom UK 15 July 27th 04 12:53 PM