Cyclists waste petrol

Old September 8th 18, 08:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Rod Speed

Default Cyclists waste petrol

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 08 Sep 2018 19:47:18 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote

When a cyclist uses a busy road, he slows down all the cars,

Yes.

making them less efficient,

Nope, more efficient.

using a lower gear,

Nope.

The most efficient speed for a car is to travel in top gear at low revs
without causing the engine to splutter,

Hardly anyone drives like that.

that's about 40mph.

Nope.

Cyclists don't usually do that.

Most don't in fact have to change gear when
they come up behind some cyclists so they
are driving more efficiently at the lower
speed because the air drag is lower.

overtaking, changing speed, etc.

They do that anyway even without the cyclists.

Wrong, they pick the speed they like and stick to it.

Nope, they drive at the speed the speed limit allows.

So you *******s aren't green at all.

Yep, it ****s the environment more to produce
the fuel cyclists consume.

They cause the cars to consume more, as I've just explained.

Erroneous claimed, not explained.

Old September 8th 18, 08:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Saturday, September 8, 2018 at 8:30:11 PM UTC+1, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Sat, 08 Sep 2018 19:32:26 +0100, Simon Jester wrote:

On Saturday, September 8, 2018 at 7:23:22 PM UTC+1, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Sat, 08 Sep 2018 19:08:10 +0100, alan_m wrote:

On 08/09/2018 13:51, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
When a cyclist uses a busy road, he slows down all the cars, making them
less efficient, using a lower gear, overtaking, changing speed, etc. So
you *******s aren't green at all.

+1
Especially if riding in groups wearing lycra.

Cars aren't allowed to drive two abreast, so why cyclists?

Cyclists have a right to use the roads, motorists are unwelcome guests on roads paid for by their betters.

A car user pays in road tax

No such thing.

and fuel duty. A cyclist does not.

Cyclists pay the same fuel duty.

And don't bother with the "we all pay income tax" bull****.

I am well aware you don't pay income tax.

A car driver pays more.

W5

Old September 8th 18, 09:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peeler[_2_]

Default Troll-feeding Senile IDIOT Alert

On Sat, 8 Sep 2018 12:55:19 -0700 (PDT), Simon Jester, the mentally
challenged, troll-feeding, senile cretin, blabbered again:

FLUSH all the retarded drivel
Old September 8th 18, 09:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peeler[_2_]

On Sat, 8 Sep 2018 11:32:26 -0700 (PDT), Simon Jester, the mentally

I just KNEW that you ****ed up senile asshole wouldn't be able to resist the
Scottish ******'s latest idiotic bait! LOL
Old September 8th 18, 09:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

On Sat, 08 Sep 2018 21:01:59 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
When a cyclist uses a busy road, he slows down all the cars, making
them less efficient, using a lower gear, overtaking, changing speed,
etc. So you *******s aren't green at all.

Prick.

Cyclist lover. Pounder likes seeing their buttocks gyrating in lycra.
Old September 8th 18, 09:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

Pedantic ****wit. The thing that used to give you a tax disk is called ROAD TAX by every normal person.

and fuel duty. A cyclist does not.

Cyclists pay the same fuel duty.

You consume no petrol, you don't pay for it, even when the 50 cars stuck behind you are wasting it.

And don't bother with the "we all pay income tax" bull****.

I am well aware you don't pay income tax.

More fool you.

A car driver pays more.

W5

Speak English.
Old September 8th 18, 10:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

wrote:

Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote

When a cyclist uses a busy road, he slows down all the cars,

Yes.

making them less efficient,

Nope, more efficient.

using a lower gear,

Nope.

The most efficient speed for a car is to travel in top gear at low revs
without causing the engine to splutter,

Hardly anyone drives like that.

When I'm in a bunch of traffic going 40mph, I'm in 5th gear driving economically. Then a cyclist makes us all go 20mph, and I'm in 4th. That uses more.

that's about 40mph.

Nope.

Yes. You can't drive slowly in 5th. Therefore the engine is turning over more times for the same distance.

Cyclists don't usually do that.

Most don't in fact have to change gear when
they come up behind some cyclists so they
are driving more efficiently at the lower
speed because the air drag is lower.

Show me a car that drives happily in 5th at 20mph.

overtaking, changing speed, etc.

They do that anyway even without the cyclists.

Wrong, they pick the speed they like and stick to it.

Nope, they drive at the speed the speed limit allows.

Most ignore the limit and drive at an economical speed. Certainly a steady one and certainly in top gear.
Old September 8th 18, 10:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

wrote:

Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote

When a cyclist uses a busy road, he slows down all the cars,

Yes.

making them less efficient,

Nope, more efficient.

using a lower gear,

Nope.

The most efficient speed for a car is to travel in top gear at low revs
without causing the engine to splutter,

Hardly anyone drives like that.

When I'm in a bunch of traffic going 40mph, I'm in 5th gear driving economically. Then a cyclist makes us all go 20mph, and I'm in 4th. That uses more.

When I am driving my MODERN car I have no idea what gear I am in.

Old September 8th 18, 10:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Rod Speed

wrote:

Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote

When a cyclist uses a busy road, he slows down all the cars,

Yes.

making them less efficient,

Nope, more efficient.

using a lower gear,

Nope.

The most efficient speed for a car is to travel in top gear at low revs
without causing the engine to splutter,

Hardly anyone drives like that.

When I'm in a bunch of traffic going 40mph, I'm in 5th gear driving
economically.

Hardly anyone drives like that.

I drive around town in 3rd and only use 4th in the higher speed limit areas
if in one for a while. Only use 5th gear when in the 100Km or 110Km areas.

Then a cyclist makes us all go 20mph, and I'm in 4th. That uses more.

And everyone else stays in the same gear and goes slower, that that uses
less.

that's about 40mph.

Nope.

Yes.

Nope. Only fools are in 5th at that speed.

You can't drive slowly in 5th. Therefore the engine is turning over more
times for the same distance.

Not when you have enough of a clue to
be in the same gear regardless of cyclists.

Cyclists don't usually do that.

Most don't in fact have to change gear when
they come up behind some cyclists so they
are driving more efficiently at the lower
speed because the air drag is lower.

Show me a car that drives happily in 5th at 20mph.

None of us are stupid enough to be in 5th all
the time when doing 40mph and you cant do
that even if there are no cyclists anyway.

overtaking, changing speed, etc.

They do that anyway even without the cyclists.

Wrong, they pick the speed they like and stick to it.

Nope, they drive at the speed the speed limit allows.

Most ignore the limit

But only go a bit above that. And often cant even drive
at the speed limit because of the traffic even if there are
no cyclists.

and drive at an economical speed.

Even sillier than you usually manage, and that's saying something.

Certainly a steady one

Even sillier than you usually manage, and that's saying something.

and certainly in top gear.

Even sillier than you usually manage, and that's saying something.

This is what cyclists waste tax payers' money on James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] UK 123 February 12th 17 11:08 PM
Another waste of effort Mrcheerful[_2_] UK 2 September 21st 11 09:56 AM
So here is some total waste Anton Berlin Racing 6 August 4th 09 05:05 AM
Wot a waste [email protected] UK 11 February 28th 08 09:24 AM
Probably a waste of my time but its my time to waste Jeff Grippe Recumbent Biking 78 January 18th 07 12:30 AM