Cyclist deliberately rides into a car, then tries to blame the car

Old July 4th 19, 06:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default Cyclist deliberately rides into a car, then tries to blame the car

Compo seeking cyclist foiled by dashcam. I hope the driver got his
details to make a claim against his fridge freezer insurance.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...me-driver.html
Old July 4th 19, 07:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 04/07/2019 18:40, MrCheerful wrote:
Compo seeking cyclistÂ* foiled by dashcam.Â* I hope the driver got his
details to make a claim against his fridge freezer insurance.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...me-driver.html

When turning right one is supposed to give way and allow oncoming
traffic to pass on the right. The dashcam shows the driver failed to do
that.
Old July 4th 19, 11:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 04/07/2019 18:40, MrCheerful wrote:
Compo seeking cyclistÂ* foiled by dashcam.Â* I hope the driver got his
details to make a claim against his fridge freezer insurance.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...me-driver.html

Lone female driver (again)?

Brave cyclists' favoured prey.
Old July 4th 19, 11:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 04/07/2019 19:42, TMS320 wrote:
On 04/07/2019 18:40, MrCheerful wrote:
Compo seeking cyclistÂ* foiled by dashcam.Â* I hope the driver got his
details to make a claim against his fridge freezer insurance.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...me-driver.html

When turning right one is supposed to give way and allow oncoming
traffic to pass on the right. The dashcam shows the driver failed to do
that.

He should have stopped.

The way I approach that is that if I were driving my car along the route
he described on his bike, I would have stopped. More to the point, I
would have been looking where I was going and would have slowed
considerably for such a potentially hazardous situation.

I expect you wouldn't have stopped (or won't agree that you would have
stopped, as the case may be).

Old July 5th 19, 12:13 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 04/07/2019 23:26, JNugent wrote:
On 04/07/2019 19:42, TMS320 wrote:
On 04/07/2019 18:40, MrCheerful wrote:
Compo seeking cyclistÂ* foiled by dashcam.Â* I hope the driver got his
details to make a claim against his fridge freezer insurance.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...me-driver.html

When turning right one is supposed to give way and allow oncoming
traffic to pass on the right. The dashcam shows the driver failed to
do that.

He should have stopped.

It does not alter fault.

The way I approach that is that if I were driving my car along the route
he described on his bike, I would have stopped. More to the point, I
would have been looking where I was going and would have slowed
considerably for such a potentially hazardous situation.

I expect you wouldn't have stopped (or won't agree that you would have
stopped, as the case may be).

I wasn't there. He probably did the best thing in the circumstances.
Old July 5th 19, 02:13 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 05/07/2019 00:13, TMS320 wrote:
[...]

The best thing is running into a stationary vehicle instead of stopping?

Would *you* have done it? If you say you would have, you have the most
*warped* sense of what the "best thing" is.

Quite unbelievable.

I'll tell you right now, without fear of contradiction by anyone sane,
that was definitely NOT the best thing to do in the circumstances.

Old July 5th 19, 06:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 05/07/2019 02:13, JNugent wrote:
[...]

He didn't run into it and the vehicle wasn't stationary.

Would *you* have done it? If you say you would have, you have the most
*warped* sense of what the "best thing" is.

Quite unbelievable.

I'll tell you right now, without fear of contradiction by anyone sane,
that was definitely NOT the best thing to do in the circumstances.

Then you're pontificating without having looked at the video.
Old July 6th 19, 12:32 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 05/07/2019 18:05, TMS320 wrote:
[...]

He did and it was. That vehicle was stationary when he rode into it.

Would *you* have done it? If you say you would have, you have the most
*warped* sense of what the "best thing" is.

Quite unbelievable.

I'll tell you right now, without fear of contradiction by anyone sane,
that was definitely NOT the best thing to do in the circumstances.

Then you're pontificating without having looked at the video.

Wrong (yet again - how DO you manage to be so consistent?).

Would YOU have done what that stupid, stubborn, reckless, cyclist did?

If you say "Yes", I won't believe you.

Old July 6th 19, 08:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 06/07/2019 00:32, JNugent wrote:
[...]

You still haven't looked at the video.

Would *you* have done it? If you say you would have, you have the
most *warped* sense of what the "best thing" is.

Quite unbelievable.

I'll tell you right now, without fear of contradiction by anyone
sane, that was definitely NOT the best thing to do in the circumstances.

Then you're pontificating without having looked at the video.

Wrong (yet again - how DO you manage to be so consistent?).

I'm not wrong about you.

Would YOU have done what that stupid, stubborn, reckless, cyclist did?

If you say "Yes", I won't believe you.

I wasn't there.
Old July 6th 19, 11:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 06/07/2019 20:17, TMS320 wrote:
[...]

I have done more than "look at it" (whatever that may mean).

Would *you* have done it? If you say you would have, you have the
most *warped* sense of what the "best thing" is.
Quite unbelievable.
I'll tell you right now, without fear of contradiction by anyone
sane, that was definitely NOT the best thing to do in the
circumstances.

Then you're pontificating without having looked at the video.

There we a you wouldn't have expected it but we get an attempt at
contradiction by someone who quite clearly cannot be sane.

He says that the best thing to do in a hazardous situation is to mantain
speed and plough on regardless, eventually hitting a vehicle waiting in
the middle of a junction (and if it had been a moving vehicle in his
path, that would be an even more insane recoomendation).

Wrong (yet again - how DO you manage to be so consistent?).

I'm not wrong about you.

Would YOU have done what that stupid, stubborn, reckless, cyclist did?
If you say "Yes", I won't believe you.

I wasn't there.

So you'd have ploughed on and hit the car.

Either that or you can't see any way of escape from that corner without
getting wet paint on the soles of your shoes.