Itera - Bringing you the bicycle of tomorrow, yesterday.

Old February 17th 06, 02:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Itera - Bringing you the bicycle of tomorrow, yesterday.

A while ago, I was paging through "Älskade cykel," a book on the
history of Swedish bicycles, and I came upon an unusual model of city
bike: the Itera. It was a typical city bicycle which was made almost
entirely out of plastic. It flopped.

Anyway, while checking Traderas auctions, I found this:

http://www.tradera.com/auction/Cykla...r/aid_24762614

$65 USD for a thirty year-old plastic bike, anyone? I hope the
UV-resistant coating held up well.

Old February 17th 06, 03:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

In article .com, Adam
Rush ) wrote:
A while ago, I was paging through "Älskade cykel," a book on the
history of Swedish bicycles, and I came upon an unusual model of city
bike: the Itera. It was a typical city bicycle which was made almost
entirely out of plastic. It flopped.

I remember the 'orrible thing when it first came out. Someone actually
managed to do a UK End-to-End on one, reportedly at the cost about about
two sets of brake blocks per day...

Beware of the opion.
Old February 18th 06, 12:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Adam Rush wrote:

I hope the UV-resistant coating held up well.

The annual level of UV radiation at 56 degrees north latitude shouldn't
be anything to worry about.

Old February 20th 06, 04:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 16:50:42 -0800, LioNiNoiL_a t_Y a h 0 0_d 0 t_c 0 m
wrote:
Adam Rush wrote:

I hope the UV-resistant coating held up well.

The annual level of UV radiation at 56 degrees north latitude shouldn't
be anything to worry about.

It is if you're plastic which disintegrates under UV eventually.

Jasper
Old February 25th 06, 02:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Jasper Janssen wrote:

Adam Rush wrote:

I hope the UV-resistant coating held up well.

The annual level of UV radiation at 56 degrees north
latitude shouldn't be anything to worry about.

It is if you're plastic which disintegrates under UV eventually.

At 56 degrees north latitude, "eventually" could mean 500 years.

Old February 25th 06, 07:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Adam Rush wrote:

I hope the UV-resistant coating held up well.

The annual level of UV radiation at 56 degrees north latitude shouldn't
be anything to worry about.

Typical use of these BSO's is as a sign outside for a bikeshop. They
seem to last well enough

--
---
Marten Gerritsen

INFOapestaartjeM-GINEERINGpuntNL
www.m-gineering.nl

Top Gear Driving Song David Martin UK 38 June 1st 05 05:05 PM
police say it is illegal to ride bicycle on the street [email protected] General 16 April 18th 05 08:20 PM
Children should wear bicycle helmets. John Doe UK 516 December 16th 04 12:04 AM
Billy removes support from Peewee (seeXXXVII for a Laugh) Di Social Issues 3 October 29th 04 05:31 AM