The 10 skill levels of street.

Old March 2nd 07, 05:15 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

Default The 10 skill levels of street.

I have never seen or heard of one existing but I found this
one.http://www.eenwiel.nl/index.php?menuid=25&pageid=37
I did my best at getting it into English with the help of a couple of
different online translators. The questionable parts and the ones I
couldn't figure out are in red.

Level 1
• Rolling hop off a curb
• Rolling hop up a curb
• Ride down a 2-set of stairs
• 180 hop twist (statically)

Level 2
• Rolling hop off 2-set
• Ride down a 4-set
• 180 rolling hop twist
• Tire grab (statically)

Level 3
• Rolling hop off 4-set
• 180 hop twist off a 2-set
• Tire grab off 2-set
• Ride down a 6-set
• Backwards rolling hop
• Crankgrab without the jump
• Seatwrap (statically)
• No footer (statically)

Level 4
• Rolling hop off a 6-set
• Backward rolling hop off a curb
• No footer (mobile)
• Shifty
• Grind a rail/ledge for 1 meter
• 180 unispin (statically)

Level 5
• Backward rolling hop off a 2-set
• 180 hop off a 4-set
• Shifty off a 4-set
• Rolling hop off a 3-set with right or left foot forward
• Rolling hop up a 3-set
• A rail grind
• 180 unispin (mobile)

Level 6
• 180 hop to the right off a 6-set
• 180 hop to the left off a 6-set
• Rolling hop off a 4-set
• 360 hop off a 2-set
• No-footer off a 2-set
• 180 unispin off 2-set (statically)
• Crankflip (statically/mobile)
• 360 unispin (statically)

Level 7
• Backward rolling hop off a 4-set
• 180 unispin off a 2-set (mobile)
• Crankflip off a 2-set
• Driving jump concerning 4-set gone
• Forward rolling back-crankflip
• A long rail grind

Level 8
• Backward rolling hop off a 6-set
• 180 hop left and right off a 6-set
• 360 hop left and right off a 6-set
• Crankflip off a 4-set
• 180 unispin off a 4-set
• Backward rolling Crankflip of 2-set
• Backward rolling 180 off a 2-set
• 360 unispin off a 2-set
• rail grind down a 6-set
• Backward rolling back-crankflip
• Backward rolling forward-crankflip

Level 9
• Crankflip off a 6-set
• Backward rolling forward-crankflip off a 4-set
• 180 unispin of 4-set
• Unispin crankflip off a 2-set
• 180 crankflip off a 2-set
• 360 unispin off a 2-set

Level 10
• Backward rolling hop off a 6-set
• 360 hop off a 6-set
• Backward rolling crankflip off a 6-set
• 180 unispin off a 6-set
• 180 unispin crankflip off a 4-set
• 180 crankflip off a 4-set
• 360 unispin off a 4-set
• 360 unispin crankflip off a 2-set

--
skilewis74

Old March 2nd 07, 05:38 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ntappin

I like how that doesn't have anything bigger than a 6 set. Although lots
of people do bigger sets I don't really think that they should be a
requirement of street. It is more of a tweak to a trick than a trick in
itself.

All in all they look pretty good. Still there are probably more level
tens in street than in the standard list but this is because most of
the tricks are just combinations of smaller ones so I don't really
think you can compare the two lists.

--
ntappin

'how to build a strong comfy saddle from junk.'
(http://tinyurl.com/hxcb3)

Old March 2nd 07, 05:41 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

ntappin wrote:
...so I don't really think you can compare the two lists.

I agree on that.

A 180 uni spin on the standard list is a 10.

Edit: how about the parts in red?

--
skilewis74

Old March 2nd 07, 05:43 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ntappin

skilewis74 wrote:
I agree on that.

A 180 uni spin on the standard list is a 10.

Edit: how about the parts in red?

They all look right to me, but I think level seven is supposed to be a
handrail. Level six is probably up a four set.

Also we should get one of the street aficionado's in here to put in the
proper name for some of those tricks, like treflip and backflips and
the like. The whole 180 unispin crankflip thing just makes it more
annoying to read.

Old March 2nd 07, 05:56 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

ntappin wrote:
They all look right to me, but I think level seven is supposed to be a
handrail. Level six is probably up a four set.

The level 8 rail is the only one where it actually had "hand" in the
translation, I felt it was obvious. But what about the differences
between the grinds in levels 5 and 7?

I think you are right about the 4-set.

ntappin wrote:
The whole 180 unispin crankflip thing just makes it more annoying to
read.

But keep the laymans' descriptions.

--
skilewis74

Old March 2nd 07, 06:04 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Hazmat

I don't see pirouette anywhere on that list?? Unless there is another
word for it.

--
Hazmat

1 weird and unusual greek cypriot australian destined to be different
Hazmat's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13828

Old March 2nd 07, 06:07 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ntappin

Ahh I see what you mean. Maybe they really do mean just a long rail,
seems kind of silly though. Maybe they mean a sloped rail?

The one that kind of gets me is • Driving jump concerning 4-set gone

I'm assuming it means a rolling hop something of a four set but I don't
know if thats up or down.

Old March 2nd 07, 06:10 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
abbabibble

like it.

i'll go with this.

--
abbabibble

Cheers, Matt.

maxcarriere wrote:
nah, he just wants to buy the cranks to look at them and rub them on his
body..

uni_jim wrote:
isn't [the superbowl] like a giant dip bowl in mexico filled with salsa
where everyone brings a bag of tostitos and digs in?

'BUY SOME SHIRTS, DAMMIT!' (http://www.zazzle.com/abbabibble)
*PANIC BUTTON--' '
(http://www.geocities.com/abbabibble/mrtsb.html)*
abbabibble's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10751

Old March 2nd 07, 06:26 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ntappin

abbabibble wrote:
like it.

i'll go with this.

Me to, I'm level 5.

Old March 2nd 07, 06:44 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

ntappin wrote:
Ahh I see what you mean. Maybe they really do mean just a long rail,
seems kind of silly though. Maybe they mean a sloped rail?

Maybee.

ntappin wrote:
The one that kind of gets me is • Driving jump concerning 4-set gone

I'm assuming it means a rolling hop something of a four set but I don't
know if thats up or down.

Sorry, forgot to put that one in red. I think it's up. compare it to
levels 3 & 4

--
skilewis74

Street Skill Levels fexnix Unicycling 80 January 21st 06 07:06 AM
Beginner's Riding on the Street Skill Levels cathwood Unicycling 35 December 23rd 05 10:43 AM
international street unicycling skill levels tomsey Unicycling 0 August 15th 05 02:01 PM
10 Skill Levels James_Potter Unicycling 46 July 25th 05 12:28 AM
Skill levels jari.saari Unicycling 10 May 25th 05 07:41 PM