Why Are People Here?

Old July 11th 19, 11:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

Default Why Are People Here?

On Thu, 11 Jul 2019 16:30:05 +0700, John B. Slocomb
wrote:

On Wed, 10 Jul 2019 16:06:03 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
wrote:

On Wednesday, July 10, 2019 at 3:26:45 PM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On Wednesday, July 10, 2019 at 5:23:57 PM UTC-4, Tom Kunich wrote:

many fantasies deleted

Aside from all your other moaning, fantasizing, distorting and ranting - what on
earth makes you think I don't have money invested? Why would you even speculate
on that? Are you trying to post some new record for the maximum number of
mistakes and falsehoods?

Sheesh!

- Frank Krygowski

Teachers are rarely paid enough to have any significant investments. I never knew a PE that made diddly squat - except for the very top echelon most of them made about what an electronics technician did.

I suggest that you open you eyes and get out of the house and have a
look at the rest of the world. We employed quite a number of Engineers
on various projects in Indonesia, some of them had P.E. qualifications
and as I was generally responsible for setting salaries on the various
projects I can assure you that as a general statement an Engineer
would be paid only slightly less than the project manager and
certainly less than any electrical type that we ever employed.

Goodness my spell checker failed me once again. Rather than
"certainly less than" it should have been spelled "certainly more
than", :-)

Or is it just another example of the fool with his mouth open proving
to the world that he really, truly, is a fool.

--

Cheers,

John B.
Old July 13th 19, 02:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

Default Tommie's grocery bills.

On Fri, 12 Jul 2019 09:58:51 -0700, Tom Kunich wrote:

Someone like you that considers the reporting of a grocery bill as I do
as "bitching"

Well, it is completely useless as "grocery bills" vary from location to
locationmeven when they are the same items.

When I was organising vehicile supported "club tours" it rapidy became
obvious that purchasing all the groceries locally was far cheaper that
coninual shopping as we went along. The burg I lived in had strong
competition in grocery items.
Old July 13th 19, 02:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Friday, July 12, 2019 at 9:21:23 PM UTC-4, news18 wrote:
On Fri, 12 Jul 2019 09:58:51 -0700, Tom Kunich wrote:

Someone like you that considers the reporting of a grocery bill as I do
as "bitching"

Well, it is completely useless as "grocery bills" vary from location to
locationmeven when they are the same items.

When I was organising vehicile supported "club tours" it rapidy became
obvious that purchasing all the groceries locally was far cheaper that
coninual shopping as we went along. The burg I lived in had strong
competition in grocery items.

I went from the Broadview Gerrard area of Toronto Canada to LeBreton Flats in Ottawa and I was shocked at the difference in prices of everyday foods like bread, jelly and peanut butter. Things were far more expensive in that area of Ottawa than they were in that area of Toronto.

Cheers
Old July 13th 19, 04:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

On Fri, 12 Jul 2019 18:30:12 -0700 (PDT), Sir Ridesalot
wrote:

[...]

I find the same thing even shopping in different shops, in the same
town, for the same label. Foodland is a large grocery store with a
number of branches in at least two cities here. Tesco-Lotus is a
department store with a large groceries department with branches all
over the country. The same item - with the same label- is normally
more expensive in Foodland.
--
cheers,

John B.

Old July 13th 19, 04:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

On Friday, July 12, 2019 at 9:30:14 PM UTC-4, Sir Ridesalot wrote:

I went from the Broadview Gerrard area of Toronto Canada to LeBreton Flats in Ottawa and I was shocked at the difference in prices of everyday foods like bread, jelly and peanut butter. Things were far more expensive in that area of Ottawa than they were in that area of Toronto.

Both here at home and during our frequent visits to another part of our extended
family, I have a choice of groceries. At home, there are seven within easy biking
distance. In the other town, there are two that I'm familiar with.

I don't choose based on price. I choose based on the ride. Our home grocery is
the most expensive one in the area, but it's got the most pleasant bike route.
I don't worry about the price; I can afford it.

- Frank Krygowski

How do people put up with this every day? Simon Mason UK 1 October 11th 11 12:13 AM
What odd people vey Techniques 39 October 22nd 07 10:00 AM
who are these people? Jkohse Unicycling 55 July 22nd 07 03:50 PM
you people are gay MagillaGorilla Racing 282 December 7th 04 08:06 PM
Some help here people!! Neil Hardman UK 2 July 13th 03 08:22 AM