time trial helmets

Old August 1st 04, 11:47 AM
Katharine & Paul

Default time trial helmets

Hello all!

Any news on whether the time trial helmets (as seen in the tour) will go on
sale to the general public?

Also, are the crash 'standards' these helmets had to meet the same as the
Australain standards?

Paul

Old August 1st 04, 12:53 PM
Gemma Kernich

"Katharine & Paul" wrote in message
Hello all!

Any news on whether the time trial helmets (as seen in the tour) will go

on
sale to the general public?

Also, are the crash 'standards' these helmets had to meet the same as the
Australain standards?

The standards they have to comply with are anyone's standards, ie American
or European, or whatever. The Australian standards are different again to
everyone else's standards. I can't imagine an importer paying to have a TT
helmet ASNZ certified, the market would be so small.
I do not know of any TT helmets that are for sale in Australia, but there
are plently on the market overseas, try a google search for "Louis Garneau
prologue" or "LAS Omologated".
Cheers
Gemma

Old August 3rd 04, 03:55 AM
Glen F

I have been wondering, why go with the fairing on the helmet,
while the biggest drag-inducing bluff end has none - the rider's
backside. What about a foam fairing attached to the knicks?
Against the rules? But it's only padding, Mr Commissar.

Old August 4th 04, 06:10 AM
Marx SS

I only go fast with a tail wind, so streamlining would not be a good
idea for me.

--
Marx SS

Old August 4th 04, 08:21 AM
Bow

"Marx SS" wrote in message

I only go fast with a tail wind, so streamlining would not be a good
idea for me.

--
Marx SS

I hear you! I've copped a wicked headwind to work every morning this week,
but I smashed my best time coming home by over a minute yesterday. Bring on
that low pressure system!

Bow

Helmets Vivian UK 460 April 28th 04 09:38 PM
Compulsory helmets again! Richard Burton UK 526 December 29th 03 08:19 PM