Altura Phase 300 v Altura Nevis v Gill Exodus

Old May 25th 04, 10:04 PM
MSeries

Default Altura Phase 300 v Altura Nevis v Gill Exodus

All of the jackets on the subject line look pretty good to me, all are
around £50 at the moment. Who has experience of any of them ? Can any be
recommended ?

Old May 26th 04, 11:05 AM
Simon Brooke

in message , MSeries
') wrote:

All of the jackets on the subject line look pretty good to me, all are
around £50 at the moment. Who has experience of any of them ? Can any
be recommended ?

I have an Altura Nevis. It's a good jacket - waterproof but easy to
wear, with good armpit zips, nice long tail, nice detailing. It's not
one of these ultra light ultra packable things - I'd believe it will
pack into it's own back pocket, but it's back pocket is pretty large.
It certainly doesn't take up too much room in my bar bag. I've had it a
year and it's good as new; it seems quite durable. I'd buy another.

;; in faecibus sapiens rheum propagabit

Old May 26th 04, 06:17 PM
MSeries

Doki wrote:

My Nevis does the same thing. I can't work out how though (never been
good at folding clothes). I'm not entirely sure it's worth buying one
at this time of year though - I went out in mine today and was
roasted due to the fact that it doesn't let any wind through.

No, but if I can get a £100 jacket for £50[*] at this time of year it is
worth buying it and putting it away for next year.
[*] of the three I mentioned only the Nevis has been mentioned in replies
and this is the only one not discounted ATM !

Old May 26th 04, 08:50 PM
nik

The message
from "MSeries" contains these words:

Doki wrote:

My Nevis does the same thing. I can't work out how though (never been
good at folding clothes). I'm not entirely sure it's worth buying one
at this time of year though - I went out in mine today and was
roasted due to the fact that it doesn't let any wind through.

No, but if I can get a £100 jacket for £50[*] at this time of year it is
worth buying it and putting it away for next year.

[*] of the three I mentioned only the Nevis has been mentioned in replies
and this is the only one not discounted ATM !

I have a Phase 400 which is a much lighter jacket than my partners Nevis
and I'm very pleased with it. It's the sort of waterproof I can keep on
all day when the temps below 10 deg C and it's raining on and off. Only
fault is that I would have prefered a proper pocket to the mesh ones the
contents of which get sweaty.

Don't know if it's anything like the 300 though!

Nik

Old May 26th 04, 09:05 PM
Doki

MSeries wrote:
Doki wrote:

My Nevis does the same thing. I can't work out how though (never been
good at folding clothes). I'm not entirely sure it's worth buying one
at this time of year though - I went out in mine today and was
roasted due to the fact that it doesn't let any wind through.

No, but if I can get a £100 jacket for £50[*] at this time of year it
is worth buying it and putting it away for next year.

[*] of the three I mentioned only the Nevis has been mentioned in
replies and this is the only one not discounted ATM !

The Nevis is normally £100? I got mine for £50. APWT...

Old May 26th 04, 09:51 PM
MSeries

"Doki" wrote in message

The Nevis is normally £100? I got mine for £50. APWT...

No but the others I mentioned were substantially (for me anyway) more than
£50 and are now available for around £50.