BR 57

Old July 24th 05, 12:27 AM
GPLama

Default BR 57

Solo and windy.

cheers,
GPL

Old July 24th 05, 02:52 AM
till!

Isnt that NBR 57 then

til

--
till!

Old July 24th 05, 04:02 AM
flyingdutch

GPLama Wrote:
Solo and windy.

cheers,
GPL

you reckon?

i slept in, left home at 7:20am and proceeded to try and catch up
thinking i might be able to get you by Kangaroo Ground or at worst th
caf.
I seemed to get EVERY red light and actually had to stop at Springval
Rd for a car!
VERY WINDY!!! uphill and windy is not my bag. grrrrr
Got to caf, ready to die in the arms of coffee and muffin BUT NOBOD
THERE!!!
After 10 minutes a rather bedraggled lookin Ess93 rocks up and tell
how he did the same as me, but a bit later!
We ride the rest, very cruisy as it didnt seem to matter which way w
turned it was a feckin headwind. PLEASE EXPLAIN.

To make it all worthwhile tho, found a Malvern Star 'Skidstar' in ver
good nick (once i remove weeds,foliage,mud,racks,dynamo,chopper bars
clapped out seat, etc
The new SS project perhaps...

http://home.iprimus.com.au/adenhollander/skidstar.jp

--
flyingdutch

Old July 24th 05, 04:22 AM
flyingdutch

flyingdutch Wrote:
The new SS project perhaps...

http://home.iprimus.com.au/adenhollander/skidstar.jpg

my inspiration!!!

http://www.fixedgeargallery.com/2004/watson.ht

--
flyingdutch

Old July 24th 05, 04:43 AM
DaveB

flyingdutch wrote:

To make it all worthwhile tho, found a Malvern Star 'Skidstar' in very
good nick (once i remove weeds,foliage,mud,racks,dynamo,chopper bars,
clapped out seat, etc
The new SS project perhaps...

http://home.iprimus.com.au/adenhollander/skidstar.jpg

I was out on a family ride yesterday and noticed a trailer bike with an
unusual frame for a trailer bike (you notice these things when you're
also towing one). It looked remarkably like the one you found. I wonder
if they did a home made job on one.

DaveB "even running was hard into that wind this morning"
Old July 24th 05, 05:23 AM
GPLama

"flyingdutch" wrote in message ...

i slept in, left home at 7:20am and proceeded to try and catch up,
thinking i might be able to get you by Kangaroo Ground or at worst the
caf.

argh bugger.. I left the corner at 7:30 on the dot - looking behind me for
the first few kms hoping to see some late comers. I took the shorter
Kangaroo Ground - Eltham - Foote St - Burgundy St - Boulie route. Tail wind
through Eltham was unbelievable in 53/11! Lots of others out and about
today even tho the sky looked nasty.

cheers,
GPL

Old July 24th 05, 09:19 AM
Jay Woo

GPLama wrote:
Solo and windy.

cheers,
GPL

I did get up at 06:00 after being pumped watching stage 20, but I felt
drunk due to a 13hr day at work, then up till 01:30ish watch TdF, and
thought it might be better to get a tad more sleep. Back into work
again today. :TRUCKING-MAD:

Jay "wroth on rollers" Woo

Old July 24th 05, 11:25 AM
essendon93

Just looking at my Polar stats, and of course altitude isn't spot o
(close enough), I'd actually climbed 1380m today...I guess all thos
little hills add up

I'm curious now as to who's tyre track through the Paris-Roubai
section it was. When I could only pick up 1 line I was hoping it wa
Dutchy and not GPL, as I knew how much Dutch likes his muffin an
coffee. If it was GPL, well...its all about weight isn't it Mr Lam
heh

--
essendon93

Old July 24th 05, 12:19 PM
flyingdutch

essendon93 Wrote:
Just looking at my Polar stats, and of course altitude isn't spot o
(close enough), I'd actually climbed 1380m today...I guess all thos
little hills add up!

I'm curious now as to who's tyre track through the Paris-Roubai
section it was. When I could only pick up 1 line I was hoping it wa
Dutchy and not GPL, as I knew how much Dutch likes his muffin an
coffee. If it was GPL, well...its all about weight isn't it Mr Lam
hehe

nah, that'd be mine.

and you'll be wondering why you didnt load that muffin in the nex
sprint you find yerself in :rolleyes

--
flyingdutch

Old July 24th 05, 02:31 PM
GPLama

"essendon93" wrote in message ...

I'm curious now as to who's tyre track through the Paris-Roubaix
section it was. When I could only pick up 1 line I was hoping it was
Dutchy and not GPL, as I knew how much Dutch likes his muffin and
coffee. If it was GPL, well...its all about weight isn't it Mr Lama
hehe

I cant even crack 80km/h anymore... need to take on some water bottles
Vinokurov style on downhills!

cheers,
GPL