36" Unicycle Inseam Requirement

Old July 2nd 08, 08:42 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kington99

Default 36" Unicycle Inseam Requirement

feel the light wrote:
I am not sure what the practical lower limit is, but I am sure it is a
lot shorter then 5' tall , or 150 cm.

Besides cutting the seat post down, it is also possible to take a few
inches off the top of the frame.

I don't know why so many sites list inseam requirements. They don't
seem useful at all. Go ahead and buy a 36, unless you are way south
of 5'.

yes I know of a nimbus in the Uk, owned by a couple of different
members of this forum, that was cut down to get people 5 foot tall on
it. It retained the T7 handle, but 125 cranks had to be used to
decrease the inseam requirement.

--
kington99

Dave

Old July 2nd 08, 08:50 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ian.stockwell

I'm 5'6" with quite short legs even for my height and I've got a Nimbus
36" that I can ride comfortably with 150 cranks and still leave about
50mm of downward adjustment on the seat post.

--
ian.stockwell

All generalisations are dangerous, even this one.
Old July 2nd 08, 01:37 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
nickjb

You could get on of these:

http://tinyurl.com/ruzd

--
nickjb

*Severn Wheelers.* Bristol's best (and only) unicycle hockey club
Wednesdays, 8:30. All welcome
Old July 2nd 08, 04:07 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
corbin

My two cents:
Get a Nimbus 36. Cut down the seat post; if that isn't short enough for
you, cut up to 1.5" off the top of your frame, dremel in a new slot and
drill a new hole (for the seat clamp to pressurize the seat post).

Louise, my girlfriend, is 5'2" and rides a N36 with 150mm cranks. (but
prefers 125 or 140mm).

corbin

--
corbin

http://www.corbinstreehouse.com
Old July 2nd 08, 04:08 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
corbin

nickjb wrote:
You could get on of these:

http://tinyurl.com/ruzd

I don't think that frame is necessary anymore. The n36 works fine.

corbin