Thank you everybody for asking about my day today :)

Old March 21st 10, 10:50 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

Default Thank you everybody for asking about my day today :)

Yes, following on from my post yesterday about my adventures with
exploding tyres and a wrongly positioned front derailleur, I like to
report that everything is now fine and dandy except for a few minor
issues which I rather not go into (yes, I can almost hear the sigh of
relief from the collective).

I am sure you are all glad to hear that old Progear is now ridable and
all the gears change smoothly (relatively speaking of cos).

On an aside, I did mention that I was going down to Super Cheap to look
for a tyre pressure gauge. I found a couple of cheap ones and was just
about to go to the counter to pay when I noticed that the fscking gauges
only go to 60 psi! Took me a few secs to realise that car tyres do not
like being pumped up as hard as bicycle tyres and most certainly not up
to 120 psi as is the case with the new tyre casings I bought last week
for my good bike.

Clever dick decides that Bunnings might be a better bet and rode several
kms to Bunnings only to be told that they did not have any pressure
gauges in stock - at least not the ones I want

Sigh! Never mind, should have tried the bike shop in the first place, so
it is another several kms to the bike shop only to be told that they
have none in stock as well!

I guess I'll need to try one of them internet sites like Park Tools(?)
or something like that, or ebay or whatever.

Now, where can I find a tyre pressure gauge which will go up to 150psi?
Hmm...
Old March 21st 10, 11:55 PM posted to aus.bicycle
theo[_2_]

On Mar 21, 6:50*pm, Geoff Lock glock@home wrote:
[...]

K-Mart bicycle or auto section. Electronic tyre pressure gauge, around
$7. I've had one of them for five years.

Theo
Old March 22nd 10, 12:55 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

theo wrote:
On Mar 21, 6:50 pm, Geoff Lock glock@home wrote:

Now, where can I find a tyre pressure gauge which will go up to 150psi?
Hmm...

K-Mart bicycle or auto section. Electronic tyre pressure gauge, around
$7. I've had one of them for five years.

Thanks for that Theo. KMart is down the road from me and I'll go check
them out this arvo/tomorrow morning

Seen today Tony Raven UK 10 January 28th 07 04:17 PM
Today I have mostly been ... elyob UK 2 September 27th 06 01:42 AM
Shall I go out today? elyob UK 3 September 11th 05 07:36 PM
try not to think of me today... JD Mountain Biking 38 February 20th 05 08:05 PM
Today I are... Mark UK 0 November 11th 04 02:23 PM