Doping Saves Lives

Old December 22nd 10, 03:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

Default Doping Saves Lives

OK, that's a completely unfair slander in this case, but Robbie Mac
successfully detects a CO leak, partly because his O2 transport leaves
him as the last man standing:

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/...oast-news.html

A case where EPO or blood doping would be an unalloyed benefit to
those involved
Old December 22nd 10, 10:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Steven Bornfeld[_2_]

On 12/22/2010 10:16 AM, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
OK, that's a completely unfair slander in this case, but Robbie Mac
successfully detects a CO leak, partly because his O2 transport leaves
him as the last man standing:

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/...oast-news.html

A case where EPO or blood doping would be an unalloyed benefit to
those involved

Wow--just--wow!

Steve

--
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
http://www.dentaltwins.com
Old December 23rd 10, 03:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fredmaster of Brainerd

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/...old-coast-news...

A case where EPO or blood doping would be an unalloyed benefit to
those involved

Wow--just--wow!

I'm totally not persuaded that Robbie Mackie Wen's
superior oxygen capacity kept him from blacking out
before the rugby players and thus saved their lives.[*]

I am persuaded that Mackie Wen is smarter or more
attentive than the rugby players [or maybe he was less
drunk] and that did save them. Good for him.

So perhaps the lesson is if you go boating with sports
legends, better to include one from a non-contact
sport (whatever one may say about McEwen, he's
probably never had a concussion from sprinting).
[*] I'm not persuaded by the oxygen capacity argument
because cycling is a test of training the ability to turn the
maximum amount of oxygen into power, not to subsist
on the least amount of oxygen when sedentary.

Fredmaster Ben
Old December 23rd 10, 09:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
A. Dumas[_2_]

Fredmaster of Brainerd wrote:
non-contact
sport (whatever one may say about McEwen, he's
probably never had a concussion from sprinting).

Cue Chung with "Fatigué? Innergetic!" ad.

[*] I'm not persuaded by the oxygen capacity argument
because cycling is a test of training the ability to turn the
maximum amount of oxygen into power, not to subsist
on the least amount of oxygen when sedentary.

Also, he's probably about half their height.
Old December 23rd 10, 02:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

On Dec 23, 4:27*am, "A. Dumas" wrote:
Fredmaster of Brainerd wrote:
non-contact
sport (whatever one may say about McEwen, he's
probably never had a concussion from sprinting).

Cue Chung with "Fatigué? Innergetic!" ad.

[*] *I'm not persuaded by the oxygen capacity argument
because cycling is a test of training the ability to turn the
maximum amount of oxygen into power, not to subsist
on the least amount of oxygen when sedentary.

Also, he's probably about half their height.

CO is heavier than air, so if that were the case he should have
succumbed first.

Old December 23rd 10, 02:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

On Dec 22, 10:16*am, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
OK, that's a completely unfair slander in this case, but Robbie Mac
successfully detects a CO leak, partly because his O2 transport leaves
him as the last man standing:

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/...old-coast-news...

A case where EPO or blood doping would be an unalloyed benefit to
those involved

From the article:
"When someone collapsed, Robbie McEwen twigged immediately what was
happening.
McEwen has a history in indentifying gas leaks in houses and cabins"

Huh? A "history"? Too bad he wasn't hanging with Vitas Gerulaitis.*

* I am absolutely shocked that I spelled his name correctly on the
first attempt.
Old December 23rd 10, 02:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred on a stick

http://anonymous.coward.free.fr/rbr/matelas.jpg
Old December 23rd 10, 09:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Frederick the Great

In article
,
RicodJour wrote:

On Dec 23, 4:27Â*am, "A. Dumas" wrote:
Fredmaster of Brainerd wrote:
non-contact
sport (whatever one may say about McEwen, he's
probably never had a concussion from sprinting).

Cue Chung with "Fatigué? Innergetic!" ad.

[*] Â*I'm not persuaded by the oxygen capacity argument
because cycling is a test of training the ability to turn the
maximum amount of oxygen into power, not to subsist
on the least amount of oxygen when sedentary.

Also, he's probably about half their height.

CO is heavier than air, so if that were the case he should have
succumbed first.

Molecular weight 28 vs. 29. Technically it is lighter.
You may have confused CO with CO2 which is heavier
than air; enough heavier to pool with serious
consequences for O2 breathers.

--
Old Fritz
Old December 25th 10, 12:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
A. Dumas[_2_]

RicodJour wrote:
On Dec 23, 4:27 am, A. Dumas wrote:
Also, he's probably about half their height.

CO is heavier than air, so if that were the case he should have
succumbed first.

If that is true then I meant that he was probably forced to take the top
bunk bed.
Old December 25th 10, 04:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred on a stick

On 12/24/2010 4:12 PM, A. Dumas wrote:
RicodJour wrote:
On Dec 23, 4:27 am, A. Dumas wrote:
Also, he's probably about half their height.

CO is heavier than air, so if that were the case he should have
succumbed first.

If that is true then I meant that he was probably forced to take the top
bunk bed.

Looks like he may have suffered some brain damage:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/mcew...eam-radioshack