Divorce Your Car --and get into a relationship with a Bike!

Old July 20th 06, 05:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Bill

Default the sheep follow the herd

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
Bill said in rec.autos.driving:

My sister lives
in a planned community on the outskirts of Phoenix and she has never
mentioned even one house having any solar panels or water heating thee.

Drive outside of town a bit, where the non-terraformed desert is, and
you'll see them all over the place. Desert land is cheap, so people
buy 5-acre lots out in the boonies so far that there is no
electricity, gas, or city water, so they put up a roof full of solar
cells, a couple of giant water tanks to collect rainwater that flows
off the roof, and drill a nice deep well. Believe it or not, some of
these solar power systems can even run an air conditioner if your
house has enough insulation.

$30,000 worth of equipment will make you pretty much independent of
the power grid AND the city water supply.

My sister would love to do it but they already have a crime problem in a
walled community. Too many illegals breaking and entering, even in a
heavily patrolled retirement community. Great idea, but I would put
about a 10,000 volt fence around it and then label it every 5 feet or
so, "Danger, this 10,000 volt fence will kill you if you touch it.",
but only in English. That way the morning cleanup could find the non
English speaking thieves who tried to climb it and steal something.
I know, I am so inhumane.
Sick of illegals, too.
Bill Baka
Old July 20th 06, 06:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Chuck Anderson

Default the sheep follow the troll

Please stop cross posting to rec.bicycles.rides.

It is against the posting guidelines that were posted here just this week.

Please remove rec.bicycles.rides from all of these irrelevant threads
(started by PITA trolls, I might add).

--
*****************************
Chuck Anderson • Boulder, CO
Old July 20th 06, 06:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Arif Khokar

Default Killing threads in Thunderbird (was the sheep follow the troll)

[followups set to r.b.r. and r.a.d. (the group I'm reading this from)]

Chuck Anderson wrote:
Please stop cross posting to rec.bicycles.rides.

It is against the posting guidelines that were posted here just this week.

Please remove rec.bicycles.rides from all of these irrelevant threads
(started by PITA trolls, I might add).

Unfortunately, cross-posting trolls are a part of usenet. The best
thing to do is to kill the thread. Since you apparently post using
Thunderbird, you can just press the 'K' key when viewing any message in
this thread. This will "kill" the thread. After switching to another
group you've subscribed to and switching back to r.b.r, this thread will
no longer be visible.

HTH.
Old July 20th 06, 06:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
n5hsr

"Kevan Smith" wrote in message
In article ,
Chuck Anderson wrote:

Please remove rec.bicycles.rides from all of these irrelevant threads
(started by PITA trolls, I might add).

I've heard PITA trolls can be countered by HUMMUS elves.

BTW, you can remove rec.bicycles.rides from _your_ responses. And you
can also set followups outside r.b.r.

But, by whinging, you've pretty much insured that all the responses now
will be deliberately posted to r.b.r.

Welcome to usenet. It's like junior high all over again.

--
Vegan Reich!
http://www.meetyourmeat.com/

Bet your junior high wasn't as bad as mine. It was so bad, they tore it
down. The city block it was on is all grass from curb to curb now. . .

Charles of Schaumburg

Old July 20th 06, 06:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Bill Sornson

n5hsr wrote:

Bet your junior high wasn't as bad as mine. It was so bad, they tore
it down. The city block it was on is all grass from curb to curb
now. . .

My junior high school is now a Maryland state prison.

{pause}

It already had bars on the windows! LOL

Old July 20th 06, 07:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
R Brickston

On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 05:51:51 GMT, "Bill Sornson" wrote:

n5hsr wrote:

Bet your junior high wasn't as bad as mine. It was so bad, they tore
it down. The city block it was on is all grass from curb to curb
now. . .

My junior high school is now a Maryland state prison.

{pause}

It already had bars on the windows! LOL

If your name is Bill Baka please write your lengthy, long winded
dissertation on /your/ junior high school experiences (be sure to list
all the people you beat up as well as all the teachers and other
authority figures that were jealous of your genius IQ) and place it
he
Old July 20th 06, 08:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Chuck Anderson

Kevan Smith wrote:
In article ,
Chuck Anderson wrote:

Please remove rec.bicycles.rides from all of these irrelevant threads
(started by PITA trolls, I might add).

I've heard PITA trolls can be countered by HUMMUS elves.

BTW, you can remove rec.bicycles.rides from _your_ responses. And you
can also set followups outside r.b.r.

But, by whinging,

New word?
you've pretty much insured that all the responses now
will be deliberately posted to r.b.r.

Welcome to usenet. It's like junior high all over again.

To you and Arif, ... my post was a simple request - no reply was asked
for or needed ... unless, that is, you needed help understanding it.

Both of your assumptions about me are way off. I've been posting to
Usenet since Arpanet days and the good groups I've participated in over
all those years do not operate in this way (rec.bicycles.rides rarely
sees this much crap). Ignoring trolls is what users here need to do -
not following them blindly. Trolls will always be here, true, but they
are rendered meaningless if ignored.

--
*****************************
Chuck Anderson • Boulder, CO
Old July 20th 06, 12:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides

Hi. This is the meow-send program at usenet. I'm afraid I wasn't able
to deliver any clue to the following address: Chuck Anderson

Trolls will always be here, true, but they
are rendered meaningless if ignored.

What fun is that?

---

"Do we operate under a system of equal justice under law? Or is there one system for the average citizen and another for the high and mighty?" ~ Senator Ted Kennedy, 1973

--

El Pollo Loco (Laura Bush Murdered Her Boyfriend) demonstrates it's complete gullibility, stupidity, and state of delusion when it falls for an April Fool's joke, hook, line, and sinker:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.p...6999983?hl=en&

Ragnar wrote:
Gods, you're dumb. Its a rather obvious April Fool's joke. And you're
the Fool.

This is no joke.
Old July 20th 06, 02:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Pat

I am not justifying cross-posting, but part of the problem is that the
OP cross-posted the latest edition of "bikes are better than cars" to
at least one planning group. Personally, I think it's a boring subject
by city-centered cyclists, but what can you do....

Old July 20th 06, 02:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
donquijote1954

Default Four Wheels Good, Two Wheels Baaaad

Mark Hickey wrote:
"donquijote1954" wrote:

A new bunch of trolls.

Don't feed the troll, folks. I know you think you can out-reason this
one (no doubt true) but it's like the proverb about teaching a pig to
sing.

Oh, my dear predator, why don't you sell Hummer parts instead of
bikes???

Don't you understand that once we get more bikes on the roads you will
sell more of your frames? It's not fair, it's not fair.

Well, that only shows you follow the Party Line: Four Wheels Good, Two
Wheels Baaaad...