Koxx Cranks On

Old December 30th 07, 07:46 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
musketman

Default Koxx Cranks On

howdy! Ok heres the lil question. How far do your koxx cranks go on?
Mine go maybe about 3/4 of the way onto the splines before they are
stuck there for good. So im just wondering if they should be like that.
And id assume not! What should i do to get them on there all the way?
The spline part on the crank is kinda tight. Is there a way to
chip/sand back the splines or something to help them slide on better?
Or should i just wack it with a hammer!? (eek!) I did wack it pretty
hard already. But it just goes on about 3/4 or so. I have the cranks
off right now tho.

--
musketman

MUSKETMAN
www.unicycle.com
For Sale: Parachute, only used once, never opened, small stain

kissing isn't what keeps me up to my elbows in placenta all day long...
http://www.usenet.com
Old December 30th 07, 07:49 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Émile5

Trial or street cranks.

--
Émile5
http://www.usenet.com
Old December 30th 07, 07:53 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Matt_V

When I put ISIS cranks on, I just push them on with my hands and then
tighten the crank bolt down as much as i can which pushes the crank on
farther.

I use KH moment cranks and I recently made a thread asking pretty much
the same thing that you are...

http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65722

--
Matt_V

-Matt
My msn: - Add me if you wish
|'New Uni' (http://tinyurl.com/39mt6k)|
|'Ready to Fall'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64604)|'Snow Riding'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66350)|
http://www.usenet.com

Old December 30th 07, 09:09 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Borgschulze

Throw some more spacers on?

--
Borgschulze

'deviantART'
(http://borgschulze.deviantart.com/)'Gravity'
(http://videos.observedtrials.net/Gravity.wmv) is -not- the
issue.
http://www.usenet.com
Old December 30th 07, 09:45 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Sponge

Okay, basically this is how the order should go on a koxx hubset:

Flange---thick spacer---bearing---thinner spacer---crankarm---bolt

Assuming that's alright, try this:

take the cranks off, put nice amounts of copper grease onto the splines
of the cranks and the axle, and then try refitting it. Make sure you
use an 8mm allen key that's quite long so you get loadsa leverage. If
that doesn't work.. chances are your set has a slight manufacturing
defect.. maybe.

just try it.

--
Sponge

MSN: feel free to add

*"If you're **** at trials, go do flat."- Joe Hodges*

*'TRITON SPONGE' (
http://tinyurl.com/2r7jk6)*
-Titanium frames, available in 19", 24", 26", 29", 36"-
http://www.usenet.com
Old December 30th 07, 10:14 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
zfreak220

since the allen key is hexagonal in shape, to get more leverage you can
use a wrench that fits 8mm. this is easier on the allen key, too.

--
zfreak220

You'll get hurt if you don't land it.
http://www.usenet.com
Old December 31st 07, 12:37 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

zfreak220 wrote:
since the allen key is hexagonal in shape, to get more leverage you can
use a wrench that fits 8mm. this is easier on the allen key, too.

That's what I had to do to get the nessesary torque to sufficiently
tighten the bolts on my DX. 45 lbs/sq.in and Locktight wasn't enough
and they'd loosen after a couple of weeks. Now I tighten them down to
65 lbs.

No real problems sliding them on though, tightening the bolt was
enough.

--
skilewis74

Ride everywhere and never just ride anywhere. If you can ride where you
are going within a hour, do it, and if you can do a trick 50-75% of the
time do it along the way.
Bob Bernquist on how to improve significantly.

yunisyko wrote:
it's all about balls. i lose them often and then get em back.

http://www.usenet.com
Old December 31st 07, 01:16 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skrobo

hehe
i tightened the bolts on my old DX and they took 110lbs of force and
STILL came loose.
that sucked.

--
skrobo

Unicycle For Christ

'MY VIDEOS-for enjoyment purposes'
(http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=skroboskim)

do it for the joy, do it for the fun, do it for the looks on
people's faces when ... OMG thats not even real!!! he just did an 8 set
on a unicycle!!!!!... then you say "yeah... and..."
http://www.usenet.com
Old December 31st 07, 02:57 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
The Boz

I had the same problem with mine and so im assuming you ordered your
unicycle from renegade. first try to grease the threads and splines.
then fit on the right size allen rench, it may seem like thats as tight
as it goes but stick like at least a 2ft pipe for more leverage and it
will tighten really easy. if you fix it yourself you will be amazed by
how much easier the bolt will tighten with the pipe. and a hammer wont
do anything to close the gap, only tightning the bolt will.

Or you could probably call whoever you ordered it from, and ship your
unicycle back to them, but if i were you i would call before i do
anything.

--
The Boz
http://www.usenet.com