Coffee

Old April 17th 06, 12:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Default Coffee

"Tom Keats" wrote in message
In article ,
Bill Baka writes:

A science study by a bored college staff once showed that 182 F was the
ideal temperature for brewing coffee.

How finely ground, and how much roasted?

Perked to me tastes burnt since it
has to boil in order to perk.

The trick to that is simply to not put in too much coffee,
and to find a brand that's not overly roasted or too
finely ground.

A science lab reflux under slight vacuum
would perk at 182 and the coffee should be just right, but the setup
costs more in glassware than I want to spend. $500.00 + the vacuum pump.

I'm happy with my plain ol' percolatin' coffeepot, with
the internal standup basket and the glass nub in the lid
so you can see the colour of the brew darken as it perks.
That's the coffee I've always known. A cup of that is a
nostalgic letter from home. A large part of the pleasure
is the aroma of fresh perk permeating throughout the house.
A coffeepot is a kind of censer, and the enjoyment of coffee
is, to me, multi-sensual.

Anyways, why the heck would anybody want to science a nice
pot of coffee to death?

You and Bill Baka are both a couple of idiots, but you already know that
don't you?

I cannot understand why I am criticized for my off-topic posts when this
sort of thing goes on constantly on RBM and most other newsgroups. Maybe
ARBR needs to grow up. At least my off-topic posts reek of intelligence,
unlike those of Bill Baka and Tom Keats. The both of them are like children
who do not have a clue about what might interest the adult mentality.

Yet, these two idiots more or less dominate RBM. Now maybe we on ARBR need
not acknowledge anything to RBM. Let's face it, they are even stupider than
we are. I do not believe it is possible to get any dumber than RBM. Crazier
yes, but not dumber!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old April 17th 06, 02:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Uh, at least you're right about your posts. They do reek!

Old April 17th 06, 02:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

"gotbent" wrote in message
oups.com...

All top posters are idiots! Enuf said.

Uh, at least you're right about your posts. They do reek!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

RR: Beach Road coffee shop ride Euan Australia 13 January 23rd 06 11:29 AM
more for greg small change Mountain Biking 43 December 19th 05 03:42 AM
Coffee DeF Australia 29 September 23rd 05 08:01 AM
Help: Need bottle for my coffee John Doe Australia 22 August 4th 03 05:03 PM