Little ARBR vs. Big RBM

Old April 16th 06, 05:39 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc

Default Little ARBR vs. Big RBM

I am struck at how very different ARBR is from RBM. ARBR is quite small and
can easily be destroyed by a few assholes. RBM is quite big and it cannot be
destroyed by even very many assholes. Bill Baka is an example of an asshole
who cannot dominate RBM no matter how hard he tries. RBM is just too big.

On the other hand, a small group like ARBR can be taken down by a single
asshole. Ed Gin proved that two winters ago. The group has never recovered
from his predation. Even Tom Sherman got disgusted and has left the group.
There are only a few of us old timers left. We are like ghosts wandering
about forlorn and lost.

There is an extreme danger in being too small a newsgroup. RBM will go on
forever because it is a very large newsgroup. No matter what kind of
asininities go on there, they will pass because there are always new
assininities on the way to replace the old assininities. RBM is saved from
its' own assininities due to its' large size.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old April 16th 06, 02:15 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Another difference is that nearly everyone at RBM has kill-filed you.

At least if the e-mails I recieved asking me not to quote you are
indicative...

Indiana Mike

Yes! And why do you? Please stop quoting the idiot.

Pat in TX

Old April 16th 06, 08:15 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc

"Pat in TX" wrote in message

Another difference is that nearly everyone at RBM has kill-filed you.

At least if the e-mails I recieved asking me not to quote you are
indicative...

Indiana Mike

Yes! And why do you? Please stop quoting the idiot.

Pat in TX

Hank in there Indiana Mike. I have already explained to all and sundry that
Pat in TX is one of the biggest assholes in the entire universe. He is also
a craven coward too, but that is another subject for another day.

The Great Ed Dolan does not want midgets and dwarfs like Pat in TX to be
reading his messages, but we surely do not need assholes like him telling
others what to do either. Funny how assholes will remain assholes no matter
how much you try to educate them.

Old April 16th 06, 09:59 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc

"Mike Rice" wrote in message
On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 08:15:54 -0500, "Pat in TX"
wrote:

Another difference is that nearly everyone at RBM has kill-filed you.

At least if the e-mails I recieved asking me not to quote you are
indicative...

Indiana Mike

Yes! And why do you? Please stop quoting the idiot.

Pat in TX

If you had checked the headers you might have noticed this quoted
message went only to ARBR, in deference to the requests from RBM.

I think Pat in TX is mainly on ARBR. However, I will make sure all of my
messages get posted to RBM as well as ARBR because those scalawags on RBM
deserve to be called out for what they are - a pack of idiots, morons and
imbeciles. In other words, they are no better and no worse than we here on
ARBR. We cannot effect RBM because they are such a large group, but they can
effect us because we are such a small group. Clear?

II know I shouldn't bother with him most of the time, but find some
odd amusement in the ordeal.

Yes, you need to take the body of my work in toto as I will grow on you like
a fungus. Those poor benighted souls who kill file me will never know what
they are missing.

My mission in life is to add a little color and excitement to your otherwise
drab lives. The only sin in Usenet is to be dull. Only JimmyMac accuses me
of being dull, but that is because he is jealous of me. Envy is the worst of
all the sins because it turns you green, not a good color for a human being
to be.

Old April 17th 06, 04:47 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc

Edward Dolan wrote:

Yes, you need to take the body of my work in toto as I will grow on you like
a fungus. Those poor benighted souls who kill file me will never know what
they are missing.

I believe this is the first time I've ever heard anyone boast that they
are similar to jock itch, toadstools, and athlete's foot.

Regards,
Bob Hunt

Old April 17th 06, 05:48 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc

"Bob" wrote in message
ups.com...
Edward Dolan wrote:

Yes, you need to take the body of my work in toto as I will grow on you
like
a fungus. Those poor benighted souls who kill file me will never know
what
they are missing.

I believe this is the first time I've ever heard anyone boast that they
are similar to jock itch, toadstools, and athlete's foot.

Regards,
Bob Hunt

Bob, I am into nothing but self parody. Hells Bells, I do not have enough
intelligence to attempt genuine wit. But anyone can do parody. However, it
continues to amaze me how few pick up on it. To take me seriously on any
subject is a most grievous error and anyone who does so is a fool.

I lay myself wide open to attack on many fronts all the time. I can do this
because I am secure in my own self esteem. But apparently others cannot do
this. It must be awful to go through life never sure enough of yourself that
you can't even poke fun at yourself. That is not for me. I am the funniest
person I know. Why others can't see me the way I see myself is one of the
supreme mysteries of life.

"No! I am not Prince Hamlet, nor was meant to be;
Am an attendant lord, one that will do
To swell a progress, start a scene or two,
Advise the prince; no doubt, an easy tool,
Deferential, glad to be of use,
Politic, cautious, and meticulous;
Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse;
At times, indeed, almost ridiculous-
Almost, at times, the Fool."

The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock - T. S. Eliot

My signature surely says it all!

Old April 17th 06, 11:54 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc

Bob wrote:
Edward Dolan wrote:

Yes, you need to take the body of my work in toto as I will grow on you like
a fungus. Those poor benighted souls who kill file me will never know what
they are missing.

I believe this is the first time I've ever heard anyone boast that they
are similar to jock itch, toadstools, and athlete's foot.

Regards,
Bob Hunt

Amen!
Right on the money, Bob.