Does Color / Finish Matter?

Old April 22nd 06, 07:33 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Default Does Color / Finish Matter?

What Color or Finish would you choose for a brand new bike / trike ? Do
you think Color or Finish has a functional purpose ? Would you choose a
bright color to be more visible to cars or a multi- color paint job in
a custom motif ? If cost wasn't a factor - what would your "Ultimate
Finish" be ? Include wheels & seats in your schemes !...

Old April 23rd 06, 06:29 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Captain wrote:

What Color or Finish would you choose for a brand new bike / trike ? Do
you think Color or Finish has a functional purpose ? Would you choose a
bright color to be more visible to cars or a multi- color paint job in
a custom motif ? If cost wasn't a factor - what would your "Ultimate
Finish" be ? Include wheels & seats in your schemes !...

I want russeted steel tubing, hand carved and polished stainless steel
lugs, hand forged Damascus steel dropouts (all brazed, minimal welding).
No glass beading or sand blasting. Any detail plates engine turned.
The whole works covered in clear powdercoat. The mud guards must be
carbon fiber, the spokes titanium with alloy nipples. Dura-Ace road
group as a minimum, of course.

Go to vanillabicycles.com to see samples of what I'm talking about (and
prices). It should also answer any questions you might have about
"ultimate bicycle finishes".
--
John Kimmel

remove x

"He's dead, Jim."
Old April 23rd 06, 06:14 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Velocity's website offers rim colors as shown including Electric Blue.
http://velocityusa.com/colors.php Would anyone really consider
"Bubblegum Pink" ????

Old April 23rd 06, 07:35 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Captain wrote:
Velocity's website offers rim colors as shown including Electric Blue.
http://velocityusa.com/colors.php Would anyone really consider
"Bubblegum Pink" ????

My ex-girlfriend -- sigh! She'd even bought a bike to ride with
me...too bad I didn't get into 'bents back then; she would've really
enjoyed the sport...sigh!!

OT KANERS STILL ABUSING THE FOSTER CARE SUPPORT GROUP OT SAME OLD BS AND NOTHING NEW FROM THIS MORON WHO HAS NO RESPECT OFR FOSTER PARENTS OR ANYONE ELSE FOR THAT MATTER WDNNSCPS Pop General 0 August 20th 05 01:54 PM
Why Doping does Matter Bill C Racing 7 August 18th 05 12:06 AM
Billy removes support from Peewee (seeXXXVII for a Laugh) Di Social Issues 3 October 29th 04 05:31 AM
Reputable website for a new uni? (does seat post really matter?) zambonijones Unicycling 7 September 13th 04 01:24 AM
An open letter to Lance Armstrong DiabloScott Racing 19 August 2nd 04 01:16 AM