4 very slow very easy miles

Old April 17th 06, 11:03 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Default 4 very slow very easy miles

I know this isn't much but yesterday I got out on my remaining trike and
rode 4 very slow, very easy miles. I think the important thing here is that
I was able to do it at all. I could have done more especially since my speed
really was quite slow and the terrain quite flat. For the time being I have
avoided the question of how I would do on a steep hill. My right leg was
twitchy and I'm almost certain that a genuine struggle such as a hill would
exacerbate that. But I can ride and there was no additional pain other than
the pain that I have all the time. It is a start.

Jeff

Old April 17th 06, 12:55 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Jeff Grippe wrote:
I know this isn't much but yesterday I got out on my remaining trike and
rode 4 very slow, very easy miles. I think the important thing here is that
I was able to do it at all. I could have done more especially since my speed
really was quite slow and the terrain quite flat. For the time being I have
avoided the question of how I would do on a steep hill. My right leg was
twitchy and I'm almost certain that a genuine struggle such as a hill would
exacerbate that. But I can ride and there was no additional pain other than
the pain that I have all the time. It is a start.

Jeff

Jeff,

I'm glad to hear you're recovering. Do you think you'll be able to ride
any rail-trails this year? As I'm sure you remember, the Yough River
Trail near Pittsburgh is quite flat...might be a good recovery goal...

Best wishes,

Dan

Old April 18th 06, 01:01 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Jeff Grippe wrote:
I know this isn't much but yesterday I got out on my remaining trike and
rode 4 very slow, very easy miles. I think the important thing here is that
I was able to do it at all. I could have done more especially since my speed
really was quite slow and the terrain quite flat. For the time being I have
avoided the question of how I would do on a steep hill. My right leg was
twitchy and I'm almost certain that a genuine struggle such as a hill would
exacerbate that. But I can ride and there was no additional pain other than
the pain that I have all the time. It is a start.

Jeff

Jeff,

Rememberyou took tenuous baby steps long befor you learned to run.
Remember too that Greg LeMond came back from a life-threatening
hunting accident and Lance Armstrong came back from life-threatening
cancer and they both went on to win the TDF multiple times. Be
patient. You'll eventually progress over time. Good to hear that you
are encouraged by your first effort.

Best wishes,

Jim McNamara

Old April 18th 06, 01:15 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

I already have a few days in August set aside for Rail Trails. I don't know
if I be back near the Yough but I will be in PA. Most of the rail trails are
graded in a way that I can ride them. The only problem is that I'll be quite
slow. That won't keep me from enjoying it, however. My wife and I have it
worked out where I ride ahead and she lays back and takes pictures of the
wildlife or anything else that interests her. After a while, she catches up
and rides with me for a bit. This gives her a method to ride her normal pace
(she hates riding slow) for a while, taking pictures (which she enjoy), and
then riding with me for a while.

We are going to be near Tannersville. I haven't looked up local rail trails
yet but I'm open to suggestions. I think we have three days set aside for
rail trail riding.

Jeff
"Dan B." wrote in message
oups.com...