Where is Tom Sherman - Third Query?

Old June 29th 06, 05:06 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc

Default Where is Tom Sherman - Third Query?

How is it possible for someone to be on newsgroup like forever and then
suddenly to just leave without a word. If anyone knows what has become of
Tom Sherman I for one would like to know.

Tom Sherman for as long as I have been on ARBR (over 3 years) was the
mainstay of the group. He was the presiding recumbent expert and also the
off-topic intellectual. He posted daily dozens of messages on every
conceivable topic. He is sorely being missed here as is obvious to anyone
with a brain in his head.

Ed Dolan the Great would never think of leaving a newsgroup that he has been
on for many years with taking a proper leave-taking. In fact, I have already
departed this newsgrorup (ARBR) many times with much swearing and cussing
and slamming of doors. My many final farewells are events to be remembered.
Surely, that is the only way to leave a newsgroup. Parting is such sweet
sorrow after all.

Well, if you know anything about Tom Sherman, post here or else email me the
information. He was the only worthy adversary I ever had on any newsgroup.
Now I am left to fight with midgets like Jim, Chris, Curtiss et al. As I am
a giant, I require giants to do combat with, not twiddledums and
twiddledees.

Friends aren't worth a damn but we should cherish our enemies. They will
always be there for us with their venom if nothing else.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old July 11th 06, 02:20 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc
JimmyMac

Ed,

You have said, and I quote ... Usenet is strictly for idiots, assholes
and jerks - positively no exceptions! Perhaps Tom Sherman refuses to
be constrained by your shortsighted, errant classification. Maybe he
would return if you would just leave. What incentive does Tom have to
return knowing that he will again be labeled abused by you??? After
all you have said, and I quote ... I can state with absolute assurance
that I am the Greatest Idiot, the Greatest Asshole and the Greatest
Jerk that Usenet has ever known. With this your third lament over loss
of Tom Sherman, you have betrayed your unremitting fear ... that of an
apathetic and dwindling audience. Countless times you have even
condemned those that have kill-filed you. In effect, you have
empowered the readership to be your worst nightmare. This is a telling
indication that you are haunted by an unrelenting awareness that you
are only a mouse-click away from oblivion.

Jim McNamara

Old July 12th 06, 04:45 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

See my response to topic thread entitled Fourth Query on this newsgroup
(ARBR).

Old July 12th 06, 05:49 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc
JimmyMac

Edward Dolan wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message
oups.com...
Ed,

You have said, and I quote ... Usenet is strictly for idiots, assholes
and jerks - positively no exceptions! Perhaps Tom Sherman refuses to
be constrained by your shortsighted, errant classification. Maybe he
would return if you would just leave. What incentive does Tom have to
return knowing that he will again be labeled and abused by you??? After
all you have said, and I quote ... I can state with absolute assurance
that I am the Greatest Idiot, the Greatest Asshole and the Greatest
Jerk that Usenet has ever known. With this your third lament over loss
of Tom Sherman, you have betrayed your unremitting fear ... that of an
apathetic and dwindling audience. Countless times you have even
condemned those that have kill-filed you. In effect, you have
empowered the readership to be your worst nightmare. This is a telling
indication that you are haunted by an unrelenting awareness that you
are only a mouse-click away from oblivion.

Jim McNamara

See my response to topic thread entitled Fourth Query on this newsgroup
(ARBR).

Saw it and responded ... What we have here is yet another example of
the same old hakneyed cut and paste boilerplate from the man who does
it best. Subsititue "Ed Dolan" for "Jimbo" in your final sentence and
you will have said at least one thing with which I can agree ... your
self-portrait. - Jim McNamara

Old July 13th 06, 01:03 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
ups.com...

Edward Dolan wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message
[...]

What would I ever do without my own little stalker following me around like
a puppy dog.

Old July 16th 06, 10:52 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc
JimmyMac

Edward Dolan wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message
ups.com...

Edward Dolan wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message
[...]

No one could stalk you if you weren't here. Save you breath. You'll
need it to blow up your date.