Surrey Police targeting anti-social cyclists

Old February 9th 12, 10:12 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr. Benn[_9_]

Default Surrey Police targeting anti-social cyclists

Officers in Woking will be targeting anti-social cyclists next week
following concerns raised by Maybury residents about people cycling on
footpaths.

As a direct result of the concerns raised, the local team will be joined by
colleagues from the Sheerwater and Byfleet Safer Neighbourhood Teams in
patrolling Walton Road, Maybury Road, College Road and Monument Road next
Thursday (7 April) and issuing fixed penalty notices to anyone seen cycling
on the pavement.

The issue was raised as a neighbourhood priority at a recent police panel
meeting.

Davina Keogh, Police Community Support Officer for Maybury, said: "We have
listened to our residents and understand this is an issue that affects a lot
of people. We hope to educate and enforce the message that cycling on
footpaths is not acceptable."

http://www.surrey.police.uk/media/ne...5&itemID=13830

Old February 9th 12, 10:30 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Thu, 9 Feb 2012 10:12:46 -0000, "Mr. Benn" wrote:

[...]

More excellent news.

It is good to see that such anti-social behaviour is being addressed more and
more.

I am a cyclist myself - but it really is time that something was really done
about problems caused by cyclists.

Old February 9th 12, 10:47 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default SRAM Red Hydraulic discs and rim brakes: spy shots land!

QUOTE:

We told you it was coming, and here it is. Hot on the heels of the
official SRAM Red launch at the very start of the month, we've managed
to get our hands on some images of what we all suspected was coming: a
SRAM Red hydraulic disc brake. First pics of the hydraulic rim brake
that SRAM had confirmed was in the line-up have also surfaced.

If you came over yesterday you'll have seen the new kit in all its
glory; today you'll have to make do with some esoteric blurred
versions of the pics. Turns out the Red hydraulic disc and rim brakes
were embargoed . Who knew? Not us, since we weren't at the launch and
SRAM didn't let us know about the embargo. Ah well. Anyway, at the
request of SRAM we've taken them down for now. If you want to see the
original pics, your friendly local image search engine might be able
to help.

So what's to know? Well, we had a look at the new groupset in the
hands of Clive from Glory Cycles in South Carolina in a Youtube video;
that vid has now gone private but one of the things it pointed out was
that there was plenty of space for a hydraulic master cylinder in the
brake hood, and even a possible exit port for a hydraulic hose. The
pages of the Red catalogue mention an 'all new master cylinder' but
there's no pic of it, so we're going to assume it's tucked away within
the hood. Sram said in their Red press releases that they'd made the
front of the hoods higher, but said it was for ergonomics and in
response to user demand. That might be only half the story, it seems -
maybe they just needed a bit of extra room...

http://road.cc/content/news/52299-sr...spy-shots-land

--
Simon Mason
Old February 9th 12, 09:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 09/02/2012 20:52, Phil W Lee wrote:
"Mr. considered Thu, 9 Feb 2012 10:12:46 -0000
the perfect time to write:

[...]

They'll have had a tough time of it if they don't know the difference
between a footway (or pavement) and a footpath.
Maybe they should have started by educating their own officers?

Clearly, that officer understands the limited comprehension of members of his
target audience and trims the terminology when issuing his warning to them.
Old February 9th 12, 09:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Feb 9, 8:52*pm, Phil W Lee wrote:
"Mr. Benn" considered Thu, 9 Feb 2012 10:12:46 -0000
the perfect time to write:

[...]

I wonder how many illegal tickets they gave out?

Is this urc's legal expert?
Old February 10th 12, 06:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Feb 10, 5:02*pm, Phil W Lee wrote:
"
considered Thu, 9 Feb 2012 13:52:22 -0800 (PST) the perfect time to
write:

[...]

Just someone that can read, and can be arsed to look it up:http://www.cyclecraft.co.uk/digest/pushing.htmlhas a bunch of
relevant references and precedents.

Are you saying that cyclists are allowed to cycle on the pavements of
Maybury road, etc?
Old February 10th 12, 07:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 09/02/2012 21:52, wrote:
On Feb 9, 8:52 pm, Phil W wrote:
[...]

Absolutely. We call him "M'Lud". Or ******. Mainly ******.

University
Old February 11th 12, 04:41 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Feb 10, 6:34*pm, "
wrote:

Are you saying that cyclists are allowed to cycle on the pavements of
Maybury road, etc?- Hide quoted text -

Down here you mean?
Yes they are as you can see.

http://qurl.com/9hdmk