Sick, Lame and Lazy

Old September 9th 03, 10:43 AM
GILD

Default Sick, Lame and Lazy

while i was serving in the south african military, that was the
'nickname' for the walking wounded, those who couldn't partake in
training for the day
i'm about to join the unicycling sick, lame and lazy list
a doctor's visit yesterday confirmed that the left iguinal hernia will
have to be surgically repaired and that i've left it for so long, i'll
need six weeks of no major physical activity for recovery
no unicycling
no rock climbing
no yoga
no juggling
i dont know about the important stuff yet

but since i've been told i'm going to feel like i've been kicked in the
underneaths by david beckham himself, i can't imagine it'll be for quite
a while

i'm going in to have the op done on friday and will be off work the
whole of the next week
giving u lot a 10 day long GILD-break as i dont have the internet at
home
way overdue, i'm sure

i'm laying in a stock of sleight-of-hand magic tricks to practise while
i'm out of circulation and i'm planning on doing some serious
hand-strength training for rock climbing
my kasparov chess computer got some new batteries and i got me a couple
of books to read for the week

i'm thankfull that it isn't anything as traumatic as an accident and/or
fracture keeping me off the uni
i dont think that's gonna stop me from feeling sorry for myself tho
i'm good at that

--
GILD - Waffle-tosser

The only difference between me and a madman is that i'm not mad.
Pablo Picasso

'this will only take a minute...(fixed)'
(http://www.burmacampaign.org.uk/actions/un.htm)

JUST SAY 'KNOW'!

Namaste!
Dave

Old September 9th 03, 11:40 AM
JJuggle

Wow, Dave. Hope all goes well and looking forward to your return.

Raphael

--
JJuggle - Last of the Dogmato-Revisionists

"I think gay marriage should be between a man and a woman." - Candidate
Arnold Schwarzenegger
JJuggle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/24

Old September 10th 03, 02:53 AM
gerblefranklin

Hey, mabey you can build yourself a unicycle while your down. Think of
it as a prize for recovering

--
gerblefranklin

If life had a meaning, would you want to know it?

Old September 10th 03, 04:12 AM
yoopers

Dave,

All the best to you and your recovery.

Maybe it's time for you to invent the hoversaddle for situations such as
these.

Bruce

--
yoopers - Bruce & Mary Edwards
yoopers's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/31

Old September 10th 03, 04:13 AM
chirokid

Sorry to hear that news GILD. I pray your surgery goes perfect, and you
heal extra-quick. --chirokid--

--
chirokid

"Unicycling can make you proud then humble in very quick succession."
Mikefule

chirokid's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4140

Old September 10th 03, 08:19 AM
iunicycle

Well, you know how everyone here thrives on details. We are a sick
bunch. You should set up some kind of email shuttle, don't you think?
Keep us up-to-date on your progress, don't just hide away.

--
iunicycle - Old back, new cricks
iunicycle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1869

Old September 10th 03, 08:30 AM
GILD

iunicycle wrote:
*Well, you know how everyone here thrives on details. We are a sick
bunch. You should set up some kind of email shuttle, don't you think?
Keep us up-to-date on your progress, don't just hide away. *

i think we'll be running a serious TMI risk

besides, i'm a typical man when i'm under the weather and not the best
company in the world
at least i've figured that much and make a point of staying out of
people's way

thanx for the kind wishes
it makes me smile a smile that feels good to smile

Old September 10th 03, 08:51 AM
iunicycle

GILD wrote:
*
besides, i'm a typical man when i'm under the weather and not the best
company in the world
*

I wish they would put this fact into the owner's manual for a man. I
just want to crawl up in a ball until I get better.

Take care.

Old September 10th 03, 09:05 AM
GILD

iunicycle wrote:
*I wish they would put this fact into the owner's manual for a man. I
just want to crawl up in a ball until I get better.
Take care. *

i think it was intended to be one of those features u dont know about
upfront and get very exited about when u realise it's there
like when u figure out for the first time that your video-machine can
play NTSC tapes as well as PAL
or that the gearknob indicating 4 gears isn't original and the car that
u've been driving for three months actually has 5 gears

Old September 10th 03, 09:42 AM
djm

Get well Mate and have a Speedy recovery to good health.
You're going to need it. And By the Way, Ditch the Manual Car and get an
Automatic Car instead. Cheers Dave.

David

--
djm - David John Mason