What's up with Bigha?

Old August 17th 03, 01:37 AM
Larry Varney

Default Ed Dolan and "Realities"

Lorenzo L. Love wrote:

But you can't afford it, can you? Who can afford to **** away money on
such an overpriced bike? Not when you can get a bike in the same class
and still have a couple thousand left over.

Lorenzo L. Love

What class it the bike in? On what basis do you say it is overpriced?
What are you comparing it to? Is it simply a matter of pounds per
dollar? There are quite a few bikes out there that cost much more. Does
this make the BigHA a better deal than them? Or are they not in the same
class?

--
Larry Varney
Cold Spring, KY

Old August 17th 03, 01:40 AM
Larry Varney

Default What's up with Bigha?

Lorenzo L. Love wrote:

Do you think that for any given rider, the $3000.00 Bigha is as fast as
the Vision VR50 at about half the price? Or the RANS Stratus at about
half the price? Or the Easy Racer Tour Easy at about 2/3 the price? Or
the Lighting Phantom at about half the price? Can you tell us if the
Bigha is a fast as any bike in it's price range? I didn't think so.

Now tell us about all the other slow, 50 pound bikes that cost $3000.00.
Can't? I didn't think so.

Lorenzo L. Love

Is you sole criteria as to worth the speed of a bike? And can you
stop responding before I've even answered?
How do you feel about bikes that weigh more than 50 pounds and cost
more than $3000? How about trikes? How does the BigHA rate in comparison
to a 70 pound trike tandem that goes for more than twice its cost? Do
you now think the BigHA is a great deal?

Old August 17th 03, 02:10 AM
Mike O'Brien

Larry Varney wrote:
Lorenzo L. Love wrote:

(I know you are but what am I?)

children, chiklren...go to your rooms and come back when you grow up.

Regards,

Mike O'Brien

Only a fool would refuse to believe in luck.
Only a damn fool would rely on it...

---

Old August 17th 03, 02:25 AM
Edward Wong

But you can't afford it, can you? Who can afford to **** away money on
such an overpriced bike? Not when you can get a bike in the same class
and still have a couple thousand left over.

Lorenzo L. Love
http://home.thegrid.net/~lllove

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand

That's your issue Lorenzo. You CAN'T afford it either. Show me a
similiar bike with ALL the features, quality, etc. for 2 grand less
and I'll show you some oceanfront property in Death Valley I'd like to
sell you very cheap!

Edward Wong
Orlando, FL

Old August 17th 03, 03:28 AM
Lorenzo L. Love

Edward Wong wrote:
So you know of none. I know of none. Does anyone know of a 50 pound,
slow bike similar to the Bigha that sells for $3000.00?

I didn't think so.

Lorenzo L. Love
http://home.thegrid.net/~lllove

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand
Before I begin, take your own advice from your signature line above.

Bryan J. Ball indicated that this is the first bike of it's kind in
that price range so there is no comparable. On the other hand, there
is no bike in any price range or wheelbase configuration that is like
the BiGHA. There are however other recumbent/HPV's that sell for far
more money, are heavier and most probably slower than the BiGHa.
Leitras, Lightfoot trikes, velomobiles and the like. And the owners
of these machines will defend their buying decision like a rabid
pitbull so I would get on their bad side if I were you.

Bryan never said that the BiGHa is "slow". He said it's performance
was "tolerable". Coming from Bryan who is a high performance rider
(and former racer) it is not a surprise to hear that remark from him.
"Tolerable" for him and others like him may mean "good" to "great" for
the rest of us of which you are one. He did call it "heavy". Again,
consider the source (no offense Bryan:-) He calls anything that
weighs more than 30 pounds heavy no matter what kind of bike it is.
In closing this paragraph, one gentleman posted on BROL's board that
he found the BiGHa to be a better performer than the BikeE.

It is pointless Mr. Love to argue about price as an indicator of
speed/performance. There is no bicycle at any price point that is
three or four times better than the next. That's not the way it works
for in order to create a product that is say 10% better requires more
dedication, heavier workload, longer production times and other
unforeseen elements that us outsiders have no idea. This is what
determines the price differencial between similiar products given that
all other factors are equal.

In closing this post, you might as well make a hobby of attacking
bikes based on price. With the introduction of the Actionbent ($645)
and the upcoming introduction of Sun's new SWB (less than $1K), does
it make sense to you for people to spend two to three times more for a
bike that performs similiarly and has equal to almost equal level
components? Go ahead...attack away and don't forget to put on your
flamesuit.

Edward Wong
Orlando, FL

Comparing the Bigha to trikes and velomobiles is really grasping at
straws. Why not compare it to automobiles, aircraft or the space
shuttle? It compares favorably in price to them, so what if they are not
the same type of vehicle.

As for it being slow, I'll ask again: Do you think that for any given
rider, the $3000.00 Bigha is as fast as the Vision VR50 at about half
the price? Or the RANS Stratus at about half the price? Or the Easy
Racer Tour Easy at about 2/3 the price? Or the Lighting Phantom at about
half the price?

The new bikes you cite makes the Bigha even more ridiculously
overpriced. Would you pay $3000.00 for this bike?

No?